zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

joecooool

quality posts: 19 Private Messages joecooool

$368 new at Walmart

[MOD: And out of stock]

Tomakellogg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tomakellogg

This deal looks really good 42in LED for $280... not bad! I wonder if its a piece though...

Tommy Kellogg

gustafer823

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gustafer823

Yay First Sucker Of The Day .

tj willy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tj willy

Here are some reviews to get started with:

They are Wal-Mart Reviews though.

edit: reading through the reviews, it appears any negative comment, Hisense responds to which leads me to believe they are pretty concerned with customer service. Too often a rarity these days.

250+ Woot items, 10 Big ol' Cornucopia#39;s, 7 shirts, 4 wines...

poutlipper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutlipper

I liked that Hisense responded to the negative review.

I was thinking about buying a new TV anyways and at $284 shipped, why not.

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

Why was the comment erased that stated this was available at Costco for $299 NEW! What is happening here WOOT? People are not dumb. I would not buy this unit without an extended warranty! My Element tv, refurb, from woot, made by Hisense crapped out after a year an a half. Main board cost $100. Buy the tv new and get the warranty included. These brands are susceptible to power outages and die. I have done lots of research on my tv. The parts are also out of stock everywhere, so I do not even know if I will be able to fix mine. The company also will not let you buy parts from them, which is also a hassle. Am I bitter a little? Yes, a little, woot. The 90 day warranty is basically only good for DOA's. I have a 40" paperweight.

http://www.costco.com/.product.11755533.html

[MOD: Deleted because a) previous post had no link and b) it's the wrong model. That's a 42K26. We're selling the F42K20E]

poutlipper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poutlipper
haveabigjohnson wrote:Why was the comment erased that stated this was available at Costco for $299 NEW! What is happening here WOOT? People are not dumb. I would not buy this unit without an extended warranty! My Element tv, refurb, from woot, made by Hisense crapped out after a year an a half. Main board cost $100. Buy the tv new and get the warranty included. These brands are susceptible to power outages and die. I have done lots of research on my tv. The parts are also out of stock everywhere, so I do not even know if I will be able to fix mine. The company also will not let you buy parts from them, which is also a hassle. Am I bitter a little? Yes, a little, woot. The 90 day warranty is basically only good for DOA's. I have a 40" paperweight.

http://www.costco.com/.product.11755533.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

More importantly, the TV received a 4.3 out o 5.0 from 85 reviews. I'm happy.

slowplay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowplay

I bought this TV from another site, saw the walmart reviews before pulling the trigger. Sounds like a good number of the negative reviews were sound related. One issue was due to a popping sound when switching channels, which I believe can be fixed with a firmware update. The other is sound from DISH network which can be fixed by changing the sound setting on the TV. No dealbreakers for me in this case.

haveabigjohnson

haveabigjohnson wrote:Why was the comment erased that stated this was available at Costco for $299 NEW! What is happening here WOOT? People are not dumb. I would not buy this unit without an extended warranty! My Element tv, refurb, from woot, made by Hisense crapped out after a year an a half. Main board cost $100. Buy the tv new and get the warranty included. These brands are susceptible to power outages and die. I have done lots of research on my tv. The parts are also out of stock everywhere, so I do not even know if I will be able to fix mine. The company also will not let you buy parts from them, which is also a hassle. Am I bitter a little? Yes, a little, woot. The 90 day warranty is basically only good for DOA's. I have a 40" paperweight.

http://www.costco.com/.product.11755533.html

[MOD: Deleted because a) previous post had no link and b) it's the wrong model. That's a 42K26. We're selling the F42K20E]

Oops, I guess people are dumb. Wrong model listed but I believe the model at Costco is a step up. Hisense website descriptions are so vague. They have the same specs and inputs. The only difference I can see is that this model is E-LED? Which is not explained well. More efficient I think? I still have the same opinion overall. I am going to email Hisense and find out the difference between the two. More importantly the warranty and if it is an in-home warranty.

markadopolu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markadopolu

I just bought this TV (refurbished) from another retailer for 200. Its going back tomorrow. Everything was good except for the fact that it would not display upconverted 1080 video. My cable box output in 1080i and the TV would keep flashing to a black screen before it just stayed black. Search for yourself. Others are having the same problem.

cheefn27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheefn27
markadopolu wrote:I just bought this TV (refurbished) from another retailer for 200. Its going back tomorrow. Everything was good except for the fact that it would not display upconverted 1080 video. My cable box output in 1080i and the TV would keep flashing to a black screen before it just stayed black. Search for yourself. Others are having the same problem.

Yes other people are having the same problem, but how many? 1 out of 100 or even 1 out of 50? For that price it's probably worth taking the chance on being one of those people. I bought a 42" Silo on woot a year and a half ago for the same price and people were saying the same thing. $280 for a 42" LED? If you need a TV, I think you're crazy not to take this deal

NuclearShadow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NuclearShadow

I bought basically the same model but 2" smaller from Woot for $250 not to long ago for my brother.

They may not be a name brand but they are actually decent TV's. Compared to my much more expensive LG it's of course a noticeable difference but it's not like I couldn't happily watch TV on this.
I was in-fact shocked at the quality for the price.

If your on a budget or are shopping for a extra TV for the bedroom or the kids I would highly snuggest picking this up.
If your wondering about gaming I noticed no screen tearing.

markadopolu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markadopolu
cheefn27 wrote:Yes other people are having the same problem, but how many? 1 out of 100 or even 1 out of 50? For that price it's probably worth taking the chance on being one of those people. I bought a 42" Silo on woot a year and a half ago for the same price and people were saying the same thing. $280 for a 42" LED? If you need a TV, I think you're crazy not to take this deal

Don't get me wrong. Its a great TV for the price if someone is in need of a TV. Good picture (at least for the times I could get a picture), seems to be decent quality. I may have gotten a dud, but I probably won't buy another Hisense myself.

michaelfournier88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelfournier88

looks like a nice price for a 42" LED, but with black Friday around the corner I'll wait. I suspect there will be plenty of opportunity to pick up a new tv this good or better at this price or better.
http://www.blackfriday.fm/deals/tvs

escherlilah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages escherlilah
michaelfournier88 wrote:looks like a nice price for a 42" LED, but with black Friday around the corner I'll wait. I suspect there will be plenty of opportunity to pick up a new tv this good or better at this price or better.
http://www.blackfriday.fm/deals/tvs

Finally. Why so many Woot fanboys? This is a Hisense for $280 FGS. A meh at best.

urslf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages urslf

can this play video files that are stored on an external harddrive by just plugging it into the usb plug?

shortcutkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shortcutkid
urslf wrote:can this play video files that are stored on an external harddrive by just plugging it into the usb plug?

I'd say no, since the specs on the USB are as follows:
USB: 1 (service)

PocketBrain

quality posts: 44 Private Messages PocketBrain

Not a lot of bulk around the edges, so it's going to fit in my entertainment hutch. Might be time to replace my 37" 1080 monitor (TV with no tuner). Dynamic contrast also a plus. Mfr. responds to negatives, but sort of washed his hands at somebody's complaint of a refurbished unit.

VetteLT193

quality posts: 6 Private Messages VetteLT193

I bought one of the Hisense HD TV's in the last TV sale. I think it's the 40" non LED model.

It works fine, and for the money, probably can't be beat.

There are two down sides... one is the heat the TV produces is insane, more heat than my 58" or 50" Plasma TV's. This might not be a problem on the LED model.

The other down side is the big one... In full high def (Blu Ray) the TV looks STELLAR! But in regular def, like a progressive scan DVD, which should still be pretty high quality, the TV looks pretty bad.

With that said, I can see why some of the walmart reviews are negative. If you aren't watching from a good HD signal you will be let down. If you are watching through a good HD signal you will be very happy with the picture.

rabbitjockey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rabbitjockey

I have one of these in my bedroom, I can't say much about the quality of the picture or sound since I don't usually use it for HD. It is pretty thin and light tho, and i have no complaints other than that it is kind of slow to turn on, but thats not a big deal. I was told hisense was some type of off shoot from vizio. The software on the tv itself seems kind of dated but over all its a good tv for the price especially considering its an LED and will save you 37 cents a year in electric!!! haha

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

1) if you have good karma (they dont break for you) around refurb noname electronics then go for it.

2) disappointing that Woot simply deleted a post due to it being wrong model. Why not just point out it is different model via that bold bracketed comment - just like the Walmart out of stock MOD note? (Especially when that model number difference may be simply to block price shop matching since the specs look identical)

3) seems like 42 & under flat panel TV pricing has been dropping pretty dramatically the past several months, making this refurb price look less interesting.

vademo0o

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vademo0o

Is it good for Netflix movies? I only plan to use it for online streaming and online Netflix movies. I will not have a cable or DVD player. I will connect it to my laptop with HDMI.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bluemaple wrote:2) disappointing that Woot simply deleted a post due to it being wrong model. Why not just point out it is different model via that bold bracketed comment - just like the Walmart out of stock MOD note? (Especially when that model number difference may be simply to block price shop matching since the specs look identical)

For those asking about the deleted post, here it is:

brl96 wrote:Costco has it new for 299.00.

That is not a useful post. There's no link and because it was the wrong model, you won't find it. That's why I deleted it.

Feel free to post competitive information but give enough information to make it credible and check your model numbers.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

garrettasdf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrettasdf

I own a 30 some thing inch one of these I got 2 years ago on black friday.

For a non main stream brand I have been super happy with it!

I woot at work and school =D

drewblanchard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewblanchard

I've avoided cheap/no-namer HD TVs like the plague, but we decided this was cheap enough to give it a try. I'm genuinely shocked at how good the picture is. The SD image quality is MUCH better than a friend's comparably sized (and much more expensive) Vizio and Sony TVs. HD quality is also really good. Connection options are a bit limited, and the remote a bit annoying, but at this price (and this high performance level) this is nit picking. We were worried about the comments regarding poor packaging/shipping damage, but our TV arrived fully intact. Flimsy exterior cardboard, but the TV itself was protected inside another, interior box.

AZRobert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AZRobert

I picke up one of thesewhen Woot sold them at the beginning of Nov.
Only connected to XBox and cable outlet in new Apt. - great picture for gaming and streaming - over air HD ant picture very good also. Nondigital picture is ok, but I think that is more a signal problem than the TV.
Overall I am VERY satisfied (excep that it's about $20 cheaper only 2 weeks later).

workinpoor

quality posts: 15 Private Messages workinpoor

Today's write up almost made me cry. Now I want to go home, throw away my TV, and play with my dogs.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj

Woot's most depressing write-up EVER.

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

pulled the trigger, got the squaretrade warranty just in case. had a 50% off coupon for the warranty too.

zatxwoopyoax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zatxwoopyoax

Here is the actual cost of the very similar (darn near exact) model from Costco....

Subtotal: $299.99
Shipping & Handling: $24.99
Non-Member Surcharge: $15.00
Tax: $23.80
Order Total: $363.78

So as you can see there is a pretty big difference between the two.

(Link to Costco model http://www.costco.com/.product.11755533.html )

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
ThunderThighs wrote:...That's why I deleted it.

You're doing a fine job today!
Warmest regards,
Woot Fanboy

swiedom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swiedom
tonymontana444 wrote:pulled the trigger, got the squaretrade warranty just in case. had a 50% off coupon for the warranty too.

Care to share that coupon code?

edit: Nevermind. Squaretrade won't honor it on a refurb.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444
swiedom wrote:Care to share that coupon code?

edit: Nevermind. Squaretrade won't honor it on a refurb.

i hope they do, it went through! i just followed woots link on the item page....

tggb3k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tggb3k
joecooool wrote:$368 new at Walmart

[MOD: And out of stock]

Don't believe them if you called or looked online. We have two Walmart's here W1 said online it was in stock, I called and electronics manager said they did not have it. W2 site said it was not in stock, called and electronics manager it was not there. Went to both for fun and found them in the box on the shelf as well as displayed with the rest of the TV's.

Great TV, go new not refurbished.

mbernitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbernitt

They are JUNK. I bought one new from Walmart so I could verify it's quality vs. a Visio I got for slightly more money. The Visio was bought a full year before and is holding up way better. Save your money!!!

haveabigjohnson

haveabigjohnson wrote:Oops, I guess people are dumb. Wrong model listed but I believe the model at Costco is a step up. Hisense website descriptions are so vague. They have the same specs and inputs. The only difference I can see is that this model is E-LED? Which is not explained well. More efficient I think? I still have the same opinion overall. I am going to email Hisense and find out the difference between the two. More importantly the warranty and if it is an in-home warranty.

Response from Hisense,

They did not answer my warranty question. Geez! They are the same basically. As in the appliance business they make some models store specific so price matching will not happen, annoying!

Thanks for your interest in Hisense.
Both models have very similar specifications. The menus are slightly
different, K20 series has a few more adjustments. The K20 series is a
Walmart model and the K26 is a Costco model.
E-LED means edge-lit LED where the outside edges of the panel are
illuminated by LED's which allows for a thinner TV than older CCFL lit LCD
panels. Both the K20 & K26 series are edge-lit LED panels.
Hope this answers your questions.
Thank you

Customer Service
Hisense USA Corporation
7310 McGinnis Ferry Road
Suwanee, GA 30024
Email: info@hisense-usa.com

deathbyblue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deathbyblue

So, does this refresh at 1080p in 60hz? I keep getting 720p at 60hz/1080p 30hz on that point when I try to pick up a new tv and I always have to check.

swiedom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swiedom
tonymontana444 wrote:i hope they do, it went through! i just followed woots link on the item page....

oh i didn't realize it was through woot. That is ok. I was just looking at their website and they said they only do refurbs if it is through an approved merchant. If woot it promoting it, they are approved. So... still have that code?

lobido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lobido
Tomakellogg wrote:This deal looks really good 42in LED for $280... not bad! I wonder if its a piece though...

I bought this tv, 42” Hisense. From Woot, when it was $300 about 3 weeks ago. Got it today. Television is crap. The stand won’t even hold the tv straight, it lists. The aspect ratio won’t change, so faces are distorted. Save your money. Junk, junk, junk. Christ, total junk.