WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Onkyo iOnly BASS Dock Music System

Speed to First Woot:
1m 47.003s
First Sucker:
bobermeier
Last Wooter to Woot:
LoraMae
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 12% of Electronics Woots
Bottom 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 11% of Electronics Woots
Top 24% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 21% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 28% < 10 woots
  • 20% < 25 woots
  • 23% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 18% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 68% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 92% bought 1
  • 5% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
1%
0%
2%
3%
3%
4%
8%
10%
9%
7%
6%
6%
3%
2%
5%
2%
2%
4%
4%
4%
4%
2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Feedback? Anyone? Hello?



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gschandy


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gschandy
ThunderThighs wrote:Feedback? Anyone? Hello?



I bought one about a month ago. It has an awesome sound and good bass compare to my old iHome alarm clock radio I have used for years.

bingbroome


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bingbroome

When docked will this unit charge an iphone/ipod? If so, will in charge in stand by mode?

humanheater


quality posts: 1 Private Messages humanheater

Does this device have it's own power cell? I only want an iPod player if it has an internal power source. It is so hard to find any good ones and when I do they cost an arm and a leg. Using batteries is out of the question.

stevenagray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenagray

Amazon price is $120+. Apparently it does not support the use of batteries, but rather has a outboard AC adapter brick. Reviews are all over the place, but are generally good.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-SBX-300-iOnly-Music-System/dp/B005RF2ULA

nemethmic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic

I got one of these last time too..

very well built and solid can see right away that it is a quality product.

Sound: very, very good. Don't expect to be blown away by the bass but that doesn't mean it isn't adequate. This sounds better than the SONY dock they had on here awhile ago...way better...good highs and mids with decent separation.

Good value for the price if you ask me and I am picky about audio.

bradhaigis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradhaigis

Also bought one last time. Very happy with it. Solid build. Good sound. Easy to use. Very good option at reasonable price.

barrytown


quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrytown

But does it charge the iProduct while docked?

gruisinger


quality posts: 5 Private Messages gruisinger
barrytown wrote:But does it charge the iProduct while docked?



yes it does.

gillinforest


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillinforest

Does it matter what generation of iPad/iPod you have? Never mind. I just saw it was a 30 pin dock

skittlyoaten


quality posts: 1 Private Messages skittlyoaten

Bought one of these last time, and love it. Sounds is really good, yes it charges your ipod/iphone/ipad while they are plugged in. And it's for the last gen iOS plug (not the new iPhone 5). Works fine with my wife's older iPod as well.

not a fan of power bricks, but the cord is pretty long so we just rolled it up and it sits behind the unit un-noticeably.

bluemaple


quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
gschandy wrote:I bought one about a month ago. It has an awesome sound and good bass compare to my old iHome alarm clock radio I have used for years.



Onkyo makes good stuff - been using their things for 25+ years.

Comparing this to anything iHome says nothing from a sound quality perspective. But lots of good comments here ('hear'? ;-)) about its sound.

In the specs I wonder, why is the frequency range listed in the amp section rather than with the speakers. That specified range is much more helpful than simply "full range". Do the speakers not perform at the range specified in the amp section?

sausageballs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sausageballs

Does anyone know what version of iOS is supported by the app you install to your device? I ask b/c I have a 1st Generation iPod Touch... tops out at iOS 3.x

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

Guys, I know very little about Apple products so please bear with me. I'd like to buy this as a gift so I have a few questions:

1) The recipient has a 4th Generation Touch. Is this compatible?

2) She wants to use her Touch as a high end clock near her bed. Can this thing somehow help her do that with the proper app? I realize that there is no clock or alarm functionality with this thing, but can it be used for that? For example, if she had an alarm clock app, will the alarm go through these speakers? Or the Touch's built in speakers? Can she go to sleep listening to music with this thing, i.e. have it shut down by itself after the sleep period is over?

Thanks!

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

Here's another stupid question from a non-audiophile non-engineer.

The output is claimed to be 40 watts total yet the dock only consumes 18 watts. How is that possible? Does it have something to do with AC/DC conversion? Or is audio output wattage different from electrical consumption wattage? Or is this thing some kind of portal to free energy?

electricblue404


quality posts: 2 Private Messages electricblue404
sausageballs wrote:Does anyone know what version of iOS is supported by the app you install to your device? I ask b/c I have a 1st Generation iPod Touch... tops out at iOS 3.x



I got one of these a month or so ago and have a 1G ipod touch. I can check when I get home today.

I know I've used it to charge the ipod, but I can't remember if I've actually played music with it. :-)

mngreeneyelady


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mngreeneyelady

HI: I bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy 5.0 MP3 player...Was wondering if it is compatible with this sound dock?

lesliesharp12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lesliesharp12

I have a 32g Ipod Touch and I would want to use this as an alarm clock...will it work?

jikkme


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme

"Auxiliary input allows you to connect virtually any other device like a CD player, non-docking MP3 player, cassette deck or turntable"


What's a cassette deck?

:P



chslr1243


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chslr1243
sdc100 wrote:Here's another stupid question from a non-audiophile non-engineer.

The output is claimed to be 40 watts total yet the dock only consumes 18 watts. How is that possible? Does it have something to do with AC/DC conversion? Or is audio output wattage different from electrical consumption wattage? Or is this thing some kind of portal to free energy?



Yes- with the way amplifiers work, it converts high voltage, high amperage into low voltage low amperage but higher wattage. Hence a "1000w" home theater system uses only, say, 250w- it amplifies the signals. Also, as long as your iPod is not the newest one, it will work with this dock. So basically: No iPhone 5, no new model ipods. Only the "old" stuff. So yes, your 4th gen will work.

On the alarm clock function- I have no idea. I believe it would, as it should play all sounds through the dock, so an alarm would play as well. So you should be good to go.

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
mngreeneyelady wrote:HI: I bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy 5.0 MP3 player...Was wondering if it is compatible with this sound dock?



She can use it with her Galaxy or any device with a standard head[hone output -- but it would be a total waste of this product. It's specifically made to interface with Ipods and iPones. The interface not only charges the device, but it also allows you to control it via remote control, i.e. FF or REW the songs. If you simply plug your Galaxy into the audio port, then you're basically just paying for a set of premium speakers. You'll probably be able to adjust the volume, but not much else. For example, you won
t be able to turn it on/off or navigate through your song list. And you won't be able to charge the Galazy. In fact, this won't be a dock at all since your can['t mount your Galaxy on it.

A better option for your daughter is to get a set of good speakers (which should be cheaper than this), or get something that is specifically built for the Samsung Galaxy.

For example, here are two devices that [promises Android compatibility:

http://www.amazon.com/SONR-Speaker-Android-Smartphones-Players/dp/B0088O7C7Y/ref=sr_1_fed0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1353444719&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+speaker+dock

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-AS140-37-Fidelio-Docking/dp/B005HY4UG4/ref=pd_sim_e_1

sdc100


quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100
chslr1243 wrote:Yes- with the way amplifiers work, it converts high voltage, high amperage into low voltage low amperage but higher wattage. Hence a "1000w" home theater system uses only, say, 250w- it amplifies the signals. Also, as long as your iPod is not the newest one, it will work with this dock. So basically: No iPhone 5, no new model ipods. Only the "old" stuff. So yes, your 4th gen will work.

On the alarm clock function- I have no idea. I believe it would, as it should play all sounds through the dock, so an alarm would play as well. So you should be good to go.



Many thanks for the detailed reply to all my questions. You just made Woot a sale, so make sure you ask for commission!

lemmr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemmr

so my daughter's Ipod that she got last Xmas won't work with this ....or is hers considered an old Ipod?

Margaret Roefs

nemethmic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic
lemmr wrote:so my daughter's Ipod that she got last Xmas won't work with this ....or is hers considered an old Ipod?



nah..30 pin you're good it will work

jaysin3000


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaysin3000

Feedback

Can someone help me...I just wanted my item ON TIME!!!

( email thread )

Tyler, you missed my point…I PAID EXTRA FOR IT TO BE HERE ALREADY!!!
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 2 DAY SHIPPING, RIGHT?

I WANT A REFUND OF SOME SORT CAUSE IT SHUD'V BEEN HERE BY NOW!

Thank you
-J

On Nov 20, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Support wrote:

Hi,

Your order has shipped and can be tracked here: http://www.fedex.com

I'd recommend contacting FedEx to verify if they can hold the package for you if you are unable to receive it at the original shipping address provided.

Tyler
_____________________________________________________________
From: xxxxx@gmail.com
Sent: Tue Nov 20 16:11:20 CST 2012
To: Support
Subject:

Well, Im a new wooter...my first experience was pretty good, but this last one hasnt been stellar. I ordered a Philips Wireless HD Net Connect
Order # from the Woot Off last week, even paid more for 2 day...and it STILL isnt here!!
My last order came with no problem...should I just not ever pay more for faster shipping cause its actually SLOWER??
I'm not very happy as a new wooter, maybe I can get a refund back for the entire shipping charge for this nonsense!
Thank you for your help

---***site
Woot



jaysin3000


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaysin3000

Where's your Customer Sevice Number?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jaysin3000 wrote:Where's your Customer Sevice Number?



Sorry for the late reply.
We don't have a Customer Service number to call into, but there is a Support Tab at the top of the sites that allows you to contact Member Services with any issues, questions or concerns you might have.

You can also email them at support@woot.com and they can provide you with assistance in resolving any issue you might encounter.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jaysin3000 wrote:Feedback

Can someone help me...I just wanted my item ON TIME!!!

( email thread )

Tyler, you missed my point…I PAID EXTRA FOR IT TO BE HERE ALREADY!!!
IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 2 DAY SHIPPING, RIGHT?

I WANT A REFUND OF SOME SORT CAUSE IT SHUD'V BEEN HERE BY NOW!

Thank you
-J

On Nov 20, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Support wrote:

Hi,

Your order has shipped and can be tracked here: http://www.fedex.com

I'd recommend contacting FedEx to verify if they can hold the package for you if you are unable to receive it at the original shipping address provided.

Tyler
_____________________________________________________________
From: xxxxx@gmail.com
Sent: Tue Nov 20 16:11:20 CST 2012
To: Support
Subject:

Well, Im a new wooter...my first experience was pretty good, but this last one hasnt been stellar. I ordered a Philips Wireless HD Net Connect
Order # from the Woot Off last week, even paid more for 2 day...and it STILL isnt here!!
My last order came with no problem...should I just not ever pay more for faster shipping cause its actually SLOWER??
I'm not very happy as a new wooter, maybe I can get a refund back for the entire shipping charge for this nonsense!
Thank you for your help

---***site
Woot



I'm also sorry to hear about the miscommunication with Member Services with that email.

I've forwarded your issue onto them once again to see if they can help remedy the situation.

Thank you for your ongoing patience with this matter.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff