1%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ichoric

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ichoric

Is it weird that those speakers look like binoculars for people with their eyes just a little too far apart?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ichoric wrote:Is it weird that those speakers look like binoculars for people with their eyes just a little too far apart?

yes...it does...but they're "Bluetooth" binoculars....so you can listen to music why you bird watch:

sflorack

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sflorack

This model that Amazon sells includes a 3-month trial code ($30 value) to MOG.com in the box. I wonder if the code is included here, as well.

penwynd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penwynd

A code for a 3 month trial....then what? No more music?

sflorack wrote:This model that Amazon sells includes a 3-month trial code ($30 value) to MOG.com in the box. I wonder if the code is included here, as well.

Randonium8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Randonium8
penwynd wrote:A code for a 3 month trial....then what? No more music?

Did you stop reading after ..."3-month trial..."?

Melencio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melencio

Anyone knows how loud these can get?

samwize

quality posts: 4 Private Messages samwize
Melencio wrote:Anyone knows how loud these can get?

That's also one of my top questions. Sadly, this video doesn't help any, but here's an ad:

http://youtu.be/1In9I2tFl08

missakins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missakins

http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=1837774

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eton+-+Rukus+Solar+Portable+Bluetooth+Sound+System+-+Black/5469667.p;tab=reviews?id=1218650524917&skuId=5469667#tab=overview

Best Buy states that the solar model has 14W speakers.

faryl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faryl

John - the one reviewer on Amazon - seems quite taken with this.

Given how he is particularly pleased that it takes 6 batteries, I'm tempted to let him know about today's sellout woot.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HT4M7ACJ7PVE/

esher72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esher72

Is it just me or did the video feel like a Mentos commercial?

dadsla

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dadsla

Great Amazon review.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
samwize wrote:That's also one of my top questions. Sadly, this video doesn't help any, but here's an ad:

http://youtu.be/1In9I2tFl08

We are probably talking 7 watts per channel - I would assume peak output.
http://www.jr.com/eton/pe/ETO_NRKS100W/

This is a different model (rechargeable battery)- so this might not be true, but it's probably close

gak0090

adr5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages adr5
missakins wrote:http://www.etoncorp.com/product_card/?p_ProductDbId=1837774

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Eton+-+Rukus+Solar+Portable+Bluetooth+Sound+System+-+Black/5469667.p;tab=reviews?id=1218650524917&skuId=5469667#tab=overview

Best Buy states that the solar model has 14W speakers.

14W speakers tells you nothing about the sound quality or loudness. In fact, that is a useless piece of information for the manufacturer to provide. When I see that I automatically discount the product.

smeschultz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeschultz

May be a dumb question, but Does this work as a Bluetooth in your car for hands-free talking on the phone?

sacjeanie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sacjeanie
smeschultz wrote:May be a dumb question, but Does this work as a Bluetooth in your car for hands-free talking on the phone?

I would think you could use the speaker portion via Bluetooth in your car, but you still don't have a Bluetooth microphone to pick up your voice for your half of the conversation.

bluemaple

quality posts: 77 Private Messages bluemaple
faryl wrote:John - the one reviewer on Amazon - seems quite taken with this.

Given how he is particularly pleased that it takes 6 batteries, I'm tempted to let him know about today's sellout woot.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HT4M7ACJ7PVE/

Hmmm... Really nice, clean design.

RE the single Amazon review (June 2012) for this same model number, is anybody else wondering why there is only a single review for a product that hit Amazon in March?

In this $50+ range I start to care about sound quality and would want to hear it personally - that is, lacking any droolingly happy reviews about its sound.

jaedendak

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaedendak

What the Frequency Response? "full-range speaker drivers" doesn't tell me squat.

jimcurran327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimcurran327

Is this returnable for any reason?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jimcurran327 wrote:Is this returnable for any reason?

What if I have a question about purchasing, ordering, shipping, returns, etc.?
First, start with the main Woot FAQ. There you will find either the answer you seek, or instructions about what to do if you don't find the answer you seek. Happy seeking.

I'm just hanging out, really.

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory

Tech Woot still gets no Woot Off Love

jpdelancey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jpdelancey

Wanna pull the trigger, but safety is on...I also only found that review on amazon, but a few more on the solar powered one. Crutchfield, which is my go to source for a/v info is lacking on this one too. I'd like to know the speakers frequency range and rms wattage.

It looks really cool. And it is only $50....

amandageisler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amandageisler
sflorack wrote:This model that Amazon sells includes a 3-month trial code ($30 value) to MOG.com in the box. I wonder if the code is included here, as well.

Yes, the MOG 3-month free trial I included. What a deal! There is a unique code provided in each box along with instructions.

brentmel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brentmel

I bought the creative bluetooth portable speakers, model D100 for golfing a while back. They look like similar products. D100s are 48 dollars on amazon right now and sound amazing considering they are small battery powered speakers. These might be better, I can't say.

arakowski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arakowski

Does anyone know if you can feed this thing rechargeable NiMH AA batteries? I'd rather not have to use regular alkaline batteries, but with six batteries, we're looking at 7.2 volts for Nickel-Metal Hydride vs 9 volts for alkaline batteries (assuming a series connection.)

The manual says "AA batteries", and that it will blink when the batteries are running low - but no details on what the "low" value is.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
jimcurran327 wrote:Is this returnable for any reason?

If it is damaged or defective but not for buyers remorse.

dmccurdy_65

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmccurdy_65

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMiRr-tfhPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is review that actually shows this device used live.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
gak0090 wrote:We are probably talking 7 watts per channel - I would assume peak output.
http://www.jr.com/eton/pe/ETO_NRKS100W/

This is a different model (rechargeable battery)- so this might not be true, but it's probably close

My thoughts are that if this truly delivered 14 watts total, the AA batteries would last about 15 minutes. I have found that with marketing being as it is lately, the severly over inflated specifications require you to move the rating one decimal point. In other words it likely 1.4 watts total, not 14. At 1.4 watts the amplifier "could" run for 10 hours on "good" AA cells.

The average AA cell is capable of around 750 mah (3/4 amperes for one hour). A highly effecient stereo amplifier (class D) likely draws 2 amps @ 14 watts. Basic math.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422
jaedendak wrote:What the Frequency Response? "full-range speaker drivers" doesn't tell me squat.

Usually when there is no speaker size in the description you shouldn't expect much. I am glad that companies are going in the universal bluetooth direction and hopefully away from that darn propriority i-stuff way.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

gak0090

Ringo4422 wrote:My thoughts are that if this truly delivered 14 watts total, the AA batteries would last about 15 minutes. I have found that with marketing being as it is lately, the severly over inflated specifications require you to move the rating one decimal point. In other words it likely 1.4 watts total, not 14. At 1.4 watts the amplifier "could" run for 10 hours on "good" AA cells.

The average AA cell is capable of around 750 mah (3/4 amperes for one hour). A highly effecient stereo amplifier (class D) likely draws 2 amps @ 14 watts. Basic math.

Ok Beautiful Mind lets see if we can shore some things up here:
1) The 7 watts per channel was based on a reference that I found for a similar model that had a rechargeable battery- I stated that it might not be true but it was probably close based on the similarities between the 2 models
2) Peak is not the same as avg RMS- hence a peak of 7 watts per channel may be obtained with an average RMS of 3-4 watts per channel
3) Average listening power used at 1 meter is generally 1 watt or less. Feel free to google that-pretty commonly accepted.

So I stand by my original statement, that the power specs could be inflated by reporting peak, and that in fact it might not even be accurate because this is based on a different model (yet similar). I think that at average listening levels you will only have the volume adjusted to using only "1.4 watts" and thereby have 10 hours of playtime. People don't generally play their radios at full volume all the time. I think that specs are inflated all the time, but based on the given criteria that I had available, they could be plausible.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
gak0090 wrote:Ok Beautiful Mind lets see if we can shore some things up here:
1) The 7 watts per channel was based on a reference that I found for a similar model that had a rechargeable battery- I stated that it might not be true but it was probably close based on the similarities between the 2 models
2) Peak is not the same as avg RMS- hence a peak of 7 watts per channel may be obtained with an average RMS of 3-4 watts per channel
3) Average listening power used at 1 meter is generally 1 watt or less. Feel free to google that-pretty commonly accepted.

So I stand by my original statement, that the power specs could be inflated by reporting peak, and that in fact it might not even be accurate because this is based on a different model (yet similar). I think that at average listening levels you will only have the volume adjusted to using only "1.4 watts" and thereby have 10 hours of playtime. People don't generally play their radios at full volume all the time. I think that specs are inflated all the time, but based on the given criteria that I had available, they could be plausible.

So what you're saying is I should get one?

PS- I really want one. Please convince me I need this.

manojv28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manojv28
dfunkmaster wrote:So what you're saying is I should get one?

PS- I really want one. Please convince me I need this.

This is what you need. It is awesome.
Go ahead and buy it... only 10 mins left. Don't think. Think after 10 mins.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
manojv28 wrote:This is what you need. It is awesome.
Go ahead and buy it... only 10 mins left. Don't think. Think after 10 mins.

Apparently nobody wanted one - It is now on Woot plus...