WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Congratulations! You’ve won the world’s first self-driving car.
  • 35% - Sweet! Commutes are now nap time! 614
  • 18.2% - Cool…I guess. Are these things safe? Like, 100%? 320
  • 4.9% - Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll wait until they’re a little more mainstream. 86
  • 41.8% - How much do you think I can eBay this thing for? 734
1754 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

For those answering "b", Google's cars have driven 300,000 miles and have had two accidents. Both were caused by humans driving into them.

Wiredog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog
rprebel wrote:For those answering "b", Google's cars have driven 300,000 miles and have had two accidents. Both were caused by humans driving into them.

The technology is not intuative. It can not see that a driver looks like he isn't paying attention or is too busy putting on her face paint.

I tend to agree with Del Spooner, I can drive myself.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I can't help but think the potential of this car is wasted on my single mile drive to the office.

blaineg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blaineg

Why would I want some[one|thing] else to do the driving?

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
ChronoSquall14 wrote:I can't help but think the potential of this car is wasted on my single mile drive to the office.

I'm going to pretend that I'm better than you and lecture that you should be riding your bike but I do the same for my less than 2 mile commute to work. Let's be friends instead!

Suck it, Trebek.

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

My new car may be self-driving, but what about all those other #(*$#)@!! wishbones out on the road??

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

phoenixgirrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phoenixgirrl

This is the perfect thing for me! I hate, hate, hate driving, but don't want to bug people for rides, either. So I'd be first in for a self-driving car.

Or I can win the lottery I don't play and get a chauffeur.

Ranidan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ranidan

Can I program it remotely? It would be awesome to start hiking somewhere, and have my car drive to the pick up point. Also useful for kayaking.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

A self driving car would suck.. who could I yell at if we got lost or we missed an exit, and will I still get my imaginary brake pedal?

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

khentyimentiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khentyimentiu
ghostofdavid wrote:I'm going to pretend that I'm better than you and lecture that you should be riding your bike but I do the same for my less than 2 mile commute to work. Let's be friends instead!

I'm in the same boat, but I walk to work...because I'm too lazy to fix my truck when I'm walking distance from work. I'm pretty sure I'd be equally too lazy to tell a car where to go when I could just go there myself.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Cop pulls over self driving car on some fabricated BS. "Talk to the robot!" hahaha

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...