WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Giant Pile of Pyle Audio

When it comes to media, I don't like it thin and light. I like it pyled high. I want it to pyle-drive its way into my cranium. I want the music bumping, whether I'm dancing in the cold or burning on my funeral pyre... or should I say, funeral pyle. Okay, that one was a stretch.
Pyle Audio official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Let's get some reviews! There's lots to look at here, and many decisions to be had...

I'm just hanging out, really.

amosdudley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amosdudley

"Pyle High-Definition Projector."

This is really kind of insulting. 800x480 resolution is not, and never will be, high definition. It's widescreen VGA.

According to Wikipedia:

"Any video image with more than 480 horizontal lines (North America) or 570 lines (Europe) is considered high-definition. 720 scan lines is generally the minimum."

This is a widescreen projector. It's not high definition. Stop misusing that phrase.

theycallmechad

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theycallmechad

Holy low resolution, Batman! This touch screen video player is worthless, even from the back seat of a mini van.

amosdudley

theycallmechad wrote:Holy low resolution, Batman! This touch screen video player is worthless, even from the back seat of a mini van.

That has to be mislabeled. 1440 x 234? That's not 16:9, that's 360:59. I'm guessing the horizontal resolution is wrong.

BuzzLitebeer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BuzzLitebeer

This is about the 25 dollar heart rate monitor, does the heart rate monitor strap work with gym exercise bikes? Or does it only work with the watch?

pitamuffin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pitamuffin

Anybody have any experience with the clock radio? We're actually looking to get a couple for the kids for Christmas, but I can't find any reviews of this model.

silkwilk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silkwilk27

Also interested in comments/reviews regarding the clock radio and 5-way sound bar system.

abrach21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrach21

Hello I'm from Pyle Customer support Sorry Edit I thought you are talking about the high definition from the monitor the projector is HD and I am studding the resolution customers are asking about

abrach21

I

abrach21

amosdudley wrote:That has to be mislabeled. 1440 x 234? That's not 16:9, that's 360:59. I'm guessing the horizontal resolution is wrong.

amosdudley

abrach21 wrote:Im from Pyle It's a very good unit

It's egregious is what it is.

chan7781

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chan7781
amosdudley wrote:That has to be mislabeled. 1440 x 234? That's not 16:9, that's 360:59. I'm guessing the horizontal resolution is wrong.

1440/3 = 480, so I'm guessing they are counting R, G, and B subpixels.

amosdudley

chan7781 wrote:1440/3 = 480, so I'm guessing they are counting R, G, and B subpixels.

You're probably right, although that's both ridiculous (and dishonest), and still not a standard aspect ratio.

greg1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greg1234

Wow these are great deals that clock radio bluetooth I just payed way more for this unit.It's a great unit I think I will buy it for a gift for somone

amosdudley

greg1234 wrote:Wow these are great deals that clock radio bluetooth I just payed way more for this unit.It's a great unit I think I will buy it for a gift for somone

The same syntax, word choice as the guy who claimed to work for Pyle. And he's a new account.

Woot, I love you, but what the heck is going on here? Tell me I'm just being paranoid, but this guy sounds like a shill.

abrach21

I am from Pyle customer service in middle of studding and waiting for a reply from our engineer the error on the resolution

khsninja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khsninja

Interested in the 7.1 audio system....can any audiophiles give me some more information on the sound quality, or if it's worth it for the price?

bloodgain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain
abrach21 wrote:Hello I'm from Pyle And high Definition does not mean HD always but this is a great screen and a great deal.Check out digital cameras they call high definition but is not HD

HD is short for "high definition." And yes, high definition does always mean high definition. Unless you are using some outdated 1930's definitions, HD/high definition has a relatively narrow meaning in visual media. It's dishonest to try to lead consumers to believe that you are meeting HD standards with this equipment. You know that you are being purposefully misleading.

Woot, I'm ashamed that you even gave this vendor the time of day. At the very least, you shouldn't repeat their spurious claims in your description and specs. Sell it for what it is, but don't help them mislead your less-informed customers. You're better than that.

That said, drop-in headrests with video screens is a really good idea. If I could get one that matched my interior with at least 720p quality and better input options, I'd seriously consider buying a couple!

italianemperor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages italianemperor

Do I have to hardwire anything to set up the headrests? Or does the power come from the cigarette lighter plug?

Sambardo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Sambardo
BuzzLitebeer wrote:This is about the 25 dollar heart rate monitor, does the heart rate monitor strap work with gym exercise bikes? Or does it only work with the watch?

I would also like to know or get some reviews on the $25 heart rate monitor.

ProfessorOhki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ProfessorOhki
bloodgain wrote:HD is short for "high definition." And yes, high definition does always mean high definition. Unless you are using some outdated 1930's definitions, HD/high definition has a relatively narrow meaning in visual media. It's dishonest to try to lead consumers to believe that you are meeting HD standards with this equipment. You know that you are being purposefully misleading.

It's extremely misleading, but they are using the modern definition... if it downscales 720p and 1080p down to whatever resolution it is, they can make the argument "it projects HD content" even though the projection itself isn't HD. This kind of wording is common for companies like this. A Pyle of something, indeed.

See the "1440 x 234 Pixels" LCD screen which is actually 480x234 (80:39, what?). That said, 480x272 is what some of the Nuvi GPS run, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the sort of product these LCD were originally designed for.

That said, I'd be interested in one if there was more detail. "A/V in-out" is not sufficient at all. If we could get an actual photo/diagram of the I/O panel, that would be fantastic.

mcw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mcw

For those of you wondering about the headrests... You know you can see the installation manuals and diagrams at the actual product site, right?

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PL71PHB

Philiphoward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Philiphoward

Pyle....... as in Pyle of garbage.

timothylover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timothylover

I need to know if the Pyel PSWHRP58 is ANT+ compatible and the cheststrap works with any ANT+ device like the MOTOACTV. Any information is appreciated!

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1

7.1 system has no hdmi or optical inputs, right?

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

I've bought a Pyle ("The Pyle" per the instruction manual) HRM in the past and its actually worked pretty well. Unfortunately I can't say that the customer service has been very good. I mean look at this page, apparently the engineers and service reps are too busy "studding" to answer any questions. Now, I am all about different lifestyles and I can understand being into studs, but its not doing much for their customer service.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

The reviews for the LCD headrests seem quite good:
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PL71PHB-Headrest-Built-In-Monitors/dp/B0015H7924/ <-- $126.65

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PL71PHB/Adjustable-Headrest-Pair-with-Built-in-7-TFT-LCD-Monitors-(Black)

Add in some headphones and it seems like an excellent way to get some more peace :-)

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati
italianemperor wrote:Do I have to hardwire anything to set up the headrests? Or does the power come from the cigarette lighter plug?

This review from Amazon might help you:

50 of 52 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, October 17, 2010
By Alex - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pyle PL71PHB Headrest Pair with Built-In 7-Inch TFT-LCD Monitors (Black) (Electronics)
Before I go into details, I want to mention that I'm very pleased with the purchase although I rated it as 4-stars.
I have serious doubts buying this one since it has no reviews.
I've installed these in my car, connected to media center and use two IR headsets. The system worked great for the past two weeks and we finally can drive in peace for long distances.

Build: The quality of the product surprised me. I expected it to be less - according to the price. The headrest itself is done from leather-like material. It has hice feel and looks good in the car. I have grey interior and black headrests are OK there (it's not really dark black). The monitor appearance is great. Buttons are small and work well. The cables and the connectors are OK as well. You even have some filter box on the DC wires and the plug.
Screen: The description states 1400x230 pixels. Well. I have no idea what 1400 means, but the picture is good. The quality remains good even if you connect both monitors to one DVD player thru V-connector. Kids have no problems with it.
Installation: Not really, but quite easy.
Some additional notes:
1. You can tilt the screen up and down together with the headrest. It is very convenient to the child since you can match the height, but I think that it creates some sort of safety hazard for you since the headrest does not really support your head. You cannot adjust both: the headrest to protect you and the monitor for convenient watching. Plus, you cannot really fix the headrest to resist car crash. I personally do not care, but other people might.
2. The description mentions two AV inputs. This is not completely true. You have the cable in the pole and the AV input at the front. I thought that I can connect two devices thru the pole cables since I don't really want anything connected to my front panel. I thought to have two media centers connected to both monitor, to allow the kids watching same/different movies by just changing AV input. This is impossible because in the pole you have two video inputs but ONLY ONE audio input. You can connect DVD and rear view camera. But who needs rear view camera on the rear seat. This is just stupid design. I gave 4 start only because of that.
3. I was not aware that IR connection does not have any frequencies... Therefore, the headsets receive signal from both monitors. So basically you cannot broadcast two different signals if you use IR.
4. Last note is you do not have car adapter. The monitors has two wires (red and black) that you have to connect to the car electrical system or buy the adapter yourself (additional 10$).

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

For the PTCDS7UIB turntable all-in-one, I need to know: about
1) Recording cassettes to SD: When the tape is finished and shuts off, does it stop recording?
2) Same for recording from record, and from CD.
3) What formats does it record in on the SD card? For MP3, what bitrates are available and how can you choose? Does it record to WAV also?
4) What is the difference between the PTCDS5 and 7?

(I have a unit from "Encore Technology" that records cassette to SD, and it does a simple OK job of that, but when the cassette side is finished the tape stops and ejects but it keeps recording silence until I hit STOP!!!)

loudermipr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages loudermipr

I will tell you all you need to know about every Pyle product in one comment:

Steer Clear!

I bought a Pyle record player a while back and while I like the equipment (once I took it all apart myself and got it working, because they wouldn't accept a return on the defective product they sent me), their customer service is atrocious. I'll spare you the details but it is quite literally the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life and I would never buy from their company again regardless of the product and value.

And for what it's worth since then I have heard nothing but the same from anyone else who has dealt with Pyle.

I repeat STAY AWAY FROM PYLE!

popmaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages popmaster
khsninja wrote:Interested in the 7.1 audio system....can any audiophiles give me some more information on the sound quality, or if it's worth it for the price?

same here, anyone know if it is any good?

traquy

quality posts: 53 Private Messages traquy

That's a bummer to hear. I was really eyeing that sound bar. It would be perfect for our kitchen/dining room area.

Ainokea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ainokea

It's a shame to see Pyle has become just a name plastered onto a broad range of cheap electronics from China. Pyle USED to sell quality hard hitting drivers....those days are long gone it seems....

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

Interested in reviews on the remote starter. Extremely cheap compared to other models but I don't see any reviews on Amazon

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
ProfessorOhki wrote:It's extremely misleading, but they are using the modern definition... if it downscales 720p and 1080p down to whatever resolution it is, they can make the argument "it projects HD content" even though the projection itself isn't HD.

Cool, then I have a HD camcorder that scales the world down to one pixel. Anyone want to buy a photoresistor, I mean HD camera?

Still single, can't imagine why.

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr
khsninja wrote:Interested in the 7.1 audio system....can any audiophiles give me some more information on the sound quality, or if it's worth it for the price?

Well...being in the market for a new surround system for the living room, I've been doing a LOT of research in the last couple of weeks.

Run far away from this. Run fast.

1. On Amazon and Newegg, there are *zero* reviews for this.
2. Minimal inputs. No HDMI or component.
3. The *only* place I found any reviews was here: http://bestbuyhometheatersystemreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/1-pyle-pt798sba-71-channel-home-theater_29.html
Read those and pay attention to the grammar and sentence structure.
4. As with most things, there is a minimum level you should no go below. This is below that line.

The system I'm putting together is ~$430, and will actually work. Woot Energy Take speakers (still available on Amazon), Polk sub, and Yamaha or Onkyo receiver.

This thing, I might use as a garage stereo. But wouldn't, because the garage does not need a 7.1.

tfreeman451

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tfreeman451

Regarding the remote starter...I could only come up with a handful of reviews on very suspect sites that had the same grammar as the customer service rep from Pyles above.

As much as I'd love to pull the trigger on this, I'll pass and spring the extra money for one with a solid reputation.

Come on Woot...throw up a Viper remote starter in the next few days!

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder
tfreeman451 wrote:Regarding the remote starter...I could only come up with a handful of reviews on very suspect sites that had the same grammar as the customer service rep from Pyles above.

As much as I'd love to pull the trigger on this, I'll pass and spring the extra money for one with a solid reputation.

Come on Woot...throw up a Viper remote starter in the next few days!

I second this Woot! request..

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

I cannot find a single picture of the in-dash DVD player closed anywhere! I want to know what it looks like. Is it not motorized?

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...