WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bombastic Boomboxes and More

You spend a lot of time cultivating your music collection. What good is it if no one else can hear how awesome it is? Pick yourself up some music-making gizmos and show those idiots at Pitchfork who's superior now!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Along with any tech reviews, please feel free to post your favorite song in video form below.

I'm just hanging out, really.

alexbarnette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexbarnette

None of these dock everyday phones, like an android.

Anything for the masses or are they all just for the Iphone.

William A. Barnette

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

I have the one they call the "speaker system" and the biggest problem is you can't see when the power is on or off. If it doesn't make sound, you can't tell if the input is selected or the volume is down or the power is off... Sound quality is ok, but since it was demoted to my garage since getting a Crosley which is better in every way- it doesn't really go loud enough to be heard across the garage. I'd give it a solid "meh."

jaysin3000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaysin3000

Fav song . . .
http://youtu.be/6uzfArRUN78

Gatlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gatlee

Anyone know if it charges it while its docking?

fanbot1001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fanbot1001

GPX MW240BU 2GB MP3 Player - Blue Doesn't Work All It Show's On It Is The GPX And Won't Go Off Even When I Power It Off And Won't Go Off To Let Me Play Any Music It Just Sit's There

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

fanbot1001 wrote:GPX MW240BU 2GB MP3 Player - Blue Doesn't Work All It Show's On It Is The GPX And Won't Go Off Even When I Power It Off And Won't Go Off To Let Me Play Any Music It Just Sit's There

Sorry for the problems. If you haven't already, email support@woot.com. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xenophod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xenophod
fanbot1001 wrote:GPX MW240BU 2GB MP3 Player - Blue Doesn't Work All It Show's On It Is The GPX And Won't Go Off Even When I Power It Off And Won't Go Off To Let Me Play Any Music It Just Sit's There

Same here. I have a pink and a blue one and they both don't play. I sync'ed some songs with Windows media player, and it played one song, then locked up. I removed the songs and tried again, now nothing plays and it's locked up. Power switch doesn't power the unit down when it's locked up. ugh

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
xenophod wrote:Same here. I have a pink and a blue one and they both don't play. I sync'ed some songs with Windows media player, and it played one song, then locked up. I removed the songs and tried again, now nothing plays and it's locked up. Power switch doesn't power the unit down when it's locked up. ugh

Hopefully you have mailed in but if not may I recommend support@woot.com?

I'm just hanging out, really.

xenophod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xenophod
inkycatz wrote:Hopefully you have mailed in but if not may I recommend support@woot.com?

Of course I emailed support! I've been wooting since 2/2007 ;)

I was told to contact the manufacturer. (Here's the correct link if anyone else wants it: http://www.gpx.com/store/p/690-MW240BU.aspx ) I checked their web site and found nothing useful. I called their support number and nothing they suggested helped to resolve the issue either. Now I'm stuck sending the mp3 players back to them for replacement... hello extra shipping! ugh... I'll probably just throw them in the trash, a 6 pack of my beer costs about the same as this device.

The "SanDisk Sansa M240 1GB MP3 Player w/ FM Tuner" players I bought back in 2007 for $12.99 still work fine.