WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Do the Desktop Dance!

We've got deals on Desktop machines so sweet you'll stand up and start dancin'. Just be sure you don't twist yourself up in the cords.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Given that a lot of people get computers for the holidays, isn't it time to upgrade? Which computer are you looking at for a backup (or main rig)?

I'm just hanging out, really.

cwa4326

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwa4326

Can you tell me please who refurbishes these units?

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
cwa4326 wrote:Can you tell me please who refurbishes these units?

inkycatz

inkycatz

nmchapma wrote:inkycatz

Oh goodness no I'm not even that technical.

ps. Looking into it however.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cwa4326 wrote:Can you tell me please who refurbishes these units?

Inky's gone for the day so I'll respond with what we heard back. We really don't have that info. It varies from sale to sale. Even those that have a manufacturer warranty could have been contracted out to a third party.

Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jlee283

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlee283

Do these all have the manufacturer's warranty? It's not stated on the sales page. How long is the warranty for?

ThunderThighs wrote:Inky's gone for the day so I'll respond with what we heard back. We really don't have that info. It varies from sale to sale. Even those that have a manufacturer warranty could have been contracted out to a third party.

Sorry.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jlee283 wrote:Do these all have the manufacturer's warranty? It's not stated on the sales page. How long is the warranty for?

Under the "Features" section for each sale is the listed Warranty, and they each differ according to the product.
If you click on the sale pic then scroll down, the warranty should be listed at the bottom.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam

The Lenovo ThinkCentre AIO is AWESOMMMME.

I highly recommend it. Put Windows 8 on it, too - it should qualify for the $15 upgrade price, I think. Metro is cool with a touchscreen, for sure.

It's fast, it's got a load of features, and it's VESA-mountable. You can get a Logitech wireless keyboard with built in touchpad for $30 MSRP to go with it. What's not to love?

scavallo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scavallo

Owner of the Audessey Media Speakers -

I bought these speakers the last time they were featured on Woot, and WOW! I'm very pleasantly surprised by the sound the produce. I'm no audiophile, but I have owned many speaker systems in my day, and for a personal stereo speaker set, I don't know that you can do much better! Listening to music on these things is an experience. They features crisp, clear treble, clean mid-range sound, and surprisingly responsive, deep bass.

Keep in mind you're buying PERSONAL stereo speakers, though. As loud and great as these sound, they aren't going to provide room-filling, kegger-party, scream-over-the-music sound. For the right application, though, you cannot go wrong with these speakers.

tigercc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tigercc
scavallo wrote:Owner of the Audessey Media Speakers -

I bought these speakers the last time they were featured on Woot, and WOW! I'm very pleasantly surprised by the sound the produce. I'm no audiophile, but I have owned many speaker systems in my day, and for a personal stereo speaker set, I don't know that you can do much better! Listening to music on these things is an experience. They features crisp, clear treble, clean mid-range sound, and surprisingly responsive, deep bass.

Keep in mind you're buying PERSONAL stereo speakers, though. As loud and great as these sound, they aren't going to provide room-filling, kegger-party, scream-over-the-music sound. For the right application, though, you cannot go wrong with these speakers.

Do these speakers go to sleep after a period of time? I remember some folks were complaining about that on a nice pair of quality speakers.

gravityhr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gravityhr

I saw the opening picture and thought Woot! had finally come to their senses and started shifting to Asus from this god-awful HP garbage. Letdown.

dbogger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbogger

I've had bad luck with refurbished HPs.

mTardif21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mTardif21

has anyone else noticed their PC hasn't shipped yet?

inkycatz

mTardif21 wrote:has anyone else noticed their PC hasn't shipped yet?

It's a good question, and it's been over five days. Please feel free to say hello to support@woot.com, and while you're doing that, ask them about it. They should know.

ncisprobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncisprobie

I bought the HP envy h8 and I just got it yesterday. After initial set up, I got a blue screen saying driver iqrl not greater or equal and amdsbs.sys. this causes the computer to restart and then when I log back in, blue screen again! So its in his never ending cycle.

ncisprobie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ncisprobie

And I just got off the phone with hp customer support. All they did was to tell me to restore the PC to factory settings, which is stupid because its new, its already in factory settings. Is did it anyway, and I still kept getting the bsod(I kept hearing this term thrown around on forums, I assume it means blue screen of death) anyway, then support person then told me the hard drive must no be compatible with the PC, and to return it. She actually said I should return it, but fine.

Muggsz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muggsz

I just got this desktop and it shuts off every time I turn it on!!! I know that it must be shorting somewhere inside. Who can I speak to about possibly replacing this product?

inkycatz

Muggsz wrote:I just got this desktop and it shuts off every time I turn it on!!! I know that it must be shorting somewhere inside. Who can I speak to about possibly replacing this product?

Definitely contact the manufacturer, and if you have issues, support@woot.com should help you out.