3%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

hmmmm just able to buy one? I have an itch to build a dual projector 3D DIY system...wonder if this unit has lense shift...

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/projectors/optoma-hd23-1088286/review OK review here, no lense shift :-( but a good value otherwise

guppeeh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages guppeeh

Lukewarm. Pass.

These fell to $659 @ Amazon, NEW, back in Aug. This is $699 + shipping, refurbed, here on tech.woot.

WOOT has got get more aggressive on pricing if they want to offload these.

* edit: my mistake, this is the HD23, which is brighter than the HD20, but costs $100 more. Still not a 'must-buy'

dalejohnston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalejohnston

Price is still JUST TOO HIGH for this projector, especially for a REFURBISHED one. If Woot wants to get these sold, the pricing needs to better reflect the market.

hunter306

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hunter306

Pretty much agree with the last two posters, these things were a deal at 699 2years ago... looking pretty dated at the same price today.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Think I had a post in here with some comparisons and links. Can't think of what I may have had in it that was not cool but it seems it has been removed. Let me know what no-no I performed and I will be sure to not do it in the future. I want to follow the rules but I especially do want another serving to take that kind of time just to have it trashed. Thanks for letting me know, if you will please.

pdsone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pdsone

What is the audio out option on these?

I'm thinking of putting this in my backyard... would a regular white piece of cloth work for a screen? It would be under a covered patio, would that make it visible during the day?

k87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages k87

What is a good projector for work? It does not need speakers. Mostly for doing technical design presentations and code reviews.

800 x 600 projectors are a pain.

jeraden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jeraden
charliecarroll wrote:Think I had a post in here with some comparisons and links. Can't think of what I may have had in it that was not cool but it seems it has been removed. Let me know what no-no I performed and I will be sure to not do it in the future. I want to follow the rules but I especially do want another serving to take that kind of time just to have it trashed. Thanks for letting me know, if you will please.

The problem was all your links were in reference to the HD20, when this is the HD23 up on Woot - so you weren't comparing the same thing.

jeraden

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jeraden
hunter306 wrote:Pretty much agree with the last two posters, these things were a deal at 699 2years ago... looking pretty dated at the same price today.

The HD23 was released in April of this year I believe, or possibly even later. So at a max, that was only 7 months ago, not 2 years ago. You also seem to be confusing this with the HD20. Yes, they are similar, but this is the replacement to the HD20 pretty much. So this is still "current gen" for them.

dwijster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwijster
jeraden wrote:The HD23 was released in April of this year I believe, or possibly even later. So at a max, that was only 7 months ago, not 2 years ago. You also seem to be confusing this with the HD20. Yes, they are similar, but this is the replacement to the HD20 pretty much. So this is still "current gen" for them.

I agree, The HD23 has higher Lumens and better contrast ratio than HD20. Also it is a newer model 2012 vs. 2010 (HD20) and I have never seen this for under $700 anywhere, refurb or not. Check out BestBuy selling at $999: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Optoma+-+HD+DLP+Projector/4948413.p;jsessionid=692FDBE5836FFD85B34216D3B97921C8.bbolsp-app03-21?id=1218583584127&skuId=4948413&st=HD23&cp=1&lp=1]
IMHO, This is a steal at this price.

stonefry

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stonefry
pdsone wrote:What is the audio out option on these?

I'm thinking of putting this in my backyard... would a regular white piece of cloth work for a screen? It would be under a covered patio, would that make it visible during the day?

There is no audio out. Think of this as a computer monitor, not a TV. It takes a video signal and projects it. There are no speakers on the unit either. You need a receiver to decode the audio from your source.

These projectors are made to work wonderfully in little to zero ambient light. It wouldn't work well inside your house during the day, not to mention outside. Night time projected on a sheet would be just fine.

I have the HD20 which is the older version of this. It has been my main TV for over a year. We absolutely love it. The room that I have it in is light controlled though. I have DirecTV, PS3, Xbox360 and a Laptop all running via HDMI to my receiver and one HDMI cable running to the ceiling mounted projector.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
jeraden wrote:The problem was all your links were in reference to the HD20, when this is the HD23 up on Woot - so you weren't comparing the same thing.

Well, shoot me in the head. lol

No seriously, thanks for letting me know the error. I will be more careful next time. My only explanation is one I use with my wife, very often btw. DUH

pmeysemb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pmeysemb

I've had this projector for a year or so now. It works great, is very quiet (compared to my old BenQ), and the picture is fantastic. I am using this in a darkened room so I can't comment on daylight capability. I really like: speed on and off, sharp picture, and low noise. I think I paid somewhat close to this so I am a bit surprised that it hasn't come down much.

hak426

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426

My uncle has one of these that he bought from Costco. He has had to replace it twice now within a year. They are junk, and a refurbished unit is always a crapshoot as it is with projectors. My best advice is to avoid it like the plague.

ecue

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ecue

junk. future wootoff killer. pf-f-f-t.

MOVMXRacer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MOVMXRacer
hak426 wrote: They are junk, and a refurbished unit is always a crapshoot as it is with projectors. My best advice is to avoid it like the plague.

While I have no experience with this particular model, I would have to disagree with you about refurbished units always being a crapshoot. I purchased a refurb HD20 from Woot! in December of 2010. That projector now has almost 1800 hours on the bulb it arrived with and is still working perfectly with zero issues. For only $50 more than what my HD20 was two years ago, I think this is a great deal for the increased contrast ratio and extra brightness! Buying my refurb Optoma projectors was one of my most rewarding purchases.

NW