0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

halperez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages halperez

From a CNet Review:

The good: The Sony Tablet P's screens look great and I appreciate its removable battery. Also, the ability to fold it in half and fit it into your pocket is indescribably convenient.

The bad: The two screens are segmented by a dead space, making certain apps function awkwardly, and its pointy corners don't necessarily make me want to hold it for extended periods. Also, both the contract and noncontract prices are too expensive given what you get; there are better and cheaper alternatives. The PlayStation Store game selection is extremely limited.

The bottom line: The Sony Tablet P's clamshell design makes it very convenient, but its expensive price and the awkward implementation of its dual screens make for an undesirable tablet experience.

WootNDaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootNDaddy

I can't even keep cigars or pens and pencils in there. Those screens are in the way.

andrasko15

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andrasko15

they've had this several times. must have an issue with getting rid of them.

Tom84

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tom84

I looked into if this can get 4.0, and while there's a Japanese press release saying they've released it, the latest things I can find on the US site say they released 3.2.1. However, Gizmo Crave says it has arrived, not just "will arrive soon", so you should be good for 4.0. That's impressive.

Here's the US download page for the tablet. It sounds interesting, and the original price is $550 (it's now $179.99), so it _might_ be decent at this price.

The question now: does Netflix or Hulu work?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

$179.99 tonight

Not sure what price was in September, but 74 comments
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5186387

$179.99 in October woot-off, few comments worth looking at
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5216701

I added linkability to below:

ragsys wrote:Detail Spec on Sony Website:
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/tablet/helpguide_sgpt2/US/index.html

Sony Tablet Help guide Manual:

http://esupport.sony.com/docs/tablet/helpguide_sgpt2/US/pdf/helpguide_pdf.pdf

video at show

Gizmodo didn't like it:
http://us.gizmodo.com/5892643/sony-tablet-p-review-a-whole-lotta-terrible-in-your-pocket

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

It is like a 3DS, only without the 3D! Also, fewer games and a higher price!

Still single, can't imagine why.

Longfrancesco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Longfrancesco

Awesome a tegra 2, honeycomb, and a stupid gimmicky screen that doesn't work for anything. I hope I don't get one in the next Big ol' Cornucopia

thomas998

quality posts: 21 Private Messages thomas998

I normally always worry about getting a dead pixel on a laptop or tablet, but with the 1/4 inch dead zone running across the screen I wouldn't be thinking about some tiny dead pixel.... That's good right?

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

It's an okay concept but the implementation is horrendous. I get the feeling these things will be hard to get rid of at the $99 price point, let alone $179.

The design isn't getting any better, and the specs will just get worse compared to other tablets as time goes on.. making it harder and harder to get rid of. Don't waste your time with this flop.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
andrasko15 wrote:they've had this several times. must have an issue with getting rid of them.

They Sold out every time......

bongofuzzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bongofuzzy

My daughter has one of these. But she calls hers a "dslite".

mdoodeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdoodeman
mwinkykitty wrote:It's an okay concept but the implementation is horrendous. I get the feeling these things will be hard to get rid of at the $99 price point, let alone $179.

I was just calculating what I would pay for this given the specs and I came up with $119. The thing that kills it for me is the reports of standard apps displaying poorly because of the dual screen. Being able to use the bottom screen as a keyboard seems pretty handy though. OK, maybe $129, tops.

jackiebanana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackiebanana

If,it had a HDMI port...then $100 would be a good good..deal Woot..No HDMI...no go for me

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

There came a time when Sony changed from a company which made innovative, class-leading, high-quality electronics to a company that makes average-quality electronics with bizarre and deliberately incompatible design addressing market needs which only Sony seems to perceive.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
narquespamley wrote:There came a time when Sony changed from a company which made innovative, class-leading, high-quality electronics to a company that makes average-quality electronics with bizarre and deliberately incompatible design addressing market needs which only Sony seems to perceive.

They are copying the Apple model, but without the clean designs, uber-hype and nutty charismatic leadership that Apple once had and is now losing. Maybe they should merge before the "Jobs Magic" fades completely. The new company would be called "Sapple." Buyers would be called "saps."

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

The dual screen may have looked good on paper, but when actually put to use it seems a bit quirky. Holding out for a decent sub $100 tab for my 2 yr old so she will let me use my Xoom.

ocnomad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocnomad

With an at@t sim card and google voice, could this me a cheap monthly smart phone?

sneedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneedo

Here's a review from TWiT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxwzDtGLpBA

No thanks.

VitaZora

quality posts: 2 Private Messages VitaZora

I finally decided to buy one, even with all its flaws . . . I didn't pick one up during the first WOOT, but I knew it would probably show up one more time.

It has been slowly inching down from its original $549.99 price tag - in fact, it was recently marked down to $199 on Sony's website and is now gone.

As funky and unloved as this little guy is, I really like it because of its unusual shape. Not so happy that US models never officially received the update to ICS, but it is rootable, if that matters to anyone out there.

It will sit along side my Sony Tablet S, also purchased from WOOT. Yeah, I know you won't approve of my purchase, but heck, it's my money I'm throwing away. ;-)

Another review.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYt3GmsZ6ck

exjoburger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages exjoburger

Aaargh, thinking about this too long.
For all the negative comments it Sold Out!!...

peikaboo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peikaboo

For anyone trying to get the google play store to stop crashing, Here is what you do.

Go to settings.
Applications.
Uninstall "google play" a message will pop up saying its setting google play to factory defaults.
Open up the "market" again. It'll again say stuff about switching to google play blah blah terms.

Then click apps, and update the 4 apps that it needs to update, and it has worked since for me. :] hope this helps someone! Sorry Im not the best at giving directions. Took me a few days to find a solution.