WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lookin' a little Blue in the tooth

When you connect with someone, there are no wires. There's just smiles and friendship. So, why does it have to be any different with your electronics? Why do they need wires? The answer: they don't. Not with this Bluetooth stuff, at least!



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Have you adopted a mostly wireless lifestyle yet? How hard was it?

I'm just hanging out, really.

aosier


quality posts: 3 Private Messages aosier

I bought the Motorola Bluetooth Mouse from Woot recently to go with my Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard w/ Touchpad I bought earlier.

I think it's an awesome mobile mouse for the price. I had no problems whatsoever pairing it to my PC, which is in the next room (I use a second monitor connected through the wall to watch Netflix). I have experienced no loss of signal from the opposite side of the room, maybe 12 feet to the PC through the wall. With the wireless USB mouse I was using, I would have to sit up in bed and lean far forward so the mouse would work. The other great thing about this mouse is that it seems to work on any surface, including crumpled up fabric and my leg; impossible with the other 3 wireless USB mice I have.

mwitt08


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mwitt08
aosier wrote:I bought the Motorola Bluetooth Mouse from Woot recently to go with my Motorola Bluetooth Keyboard w/ Touchpad I bought earlier.

I think it's an awesome mobile mouse for the price. I had no problems whatsoever pairing it to my PC, which is in the next room (I use a second monitor connected through the wall to watch Netflix). I have experienced no loss of signal from the opposite side of the room, maybe 12 feet to the PC through the wall. With the wireless USB mouse I was using, I would have to sit up in bed and lean far forward so the mouse would work. The other great thing about this mouse is that it seems to work on any surface, including crumpled up fabric and my leg; impossible with the other 3 wireless USB mice I have.



I also bought this mouse about a month ago. Works great. No issues yet.

Paired fine with my old Macbook Pro running Leopard but not Windows XP that I run on a partition. May not be XP's fault but mine... not sure. It hasn't bothered me enough to investigate...

Tenderfoot


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tenderfoot

OK, I'm in for 3 at this price! Can't wait to see if they work as good as everyone is claiming.

sunkeyace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunkeyace

Purchased the BT mouse the last time it was on WOOT. Was DOA. Contacted Support. They suggested I replace the battery with a fresh one. Did - that Mouse was still dead. Contacted Support where I was told to wait a while so here it is 2 months or so and the mouse is dead as a doornail. I would say both Support and the mouse are dead as a doornail. Beware of the doornail!!
Wayne Lambert

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sunkeyace wrote:Purchased the BT mouse the last time it was on WOOT. Was DOA. Contacted Support. They suggested I replace the battery with a fresh one. Did - that Mouse was still dead. Contacted Support where I was told to wait a while so here it is 2 months or so and the mouse is dead as a doornail. I would say both Support and the mouse are dead as a doornail. Beware of the doornail!!
Wayne Lambert



2 months seems like a long time, there - please feel free to drop support@woot.com a line about your case and let's see if we can get that resolved!

I'm just hanging out, really.

justinables


quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
sunkeyace wrote:Purchased the BT mouse the last time it was on WOOT. Was DOA. Contacted Support. They suggested I replace the battery with a fresh one. Did - that Mouse was still dead. Contacted Support where I was told to wait a while so here it is 2 months or so and the mouse is dead as a doornail. I would say both Support and the mouse are dead as a doornail. Beware of the doornail!!
Wayne Lambert



Hey sunkeyace!

Woot CS doornail here. =)
I have emailed you with some info on the dead mouse.

grwasserman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grwasserman

I was in for 2 of the BT mice. They both arrived and both worked fine out of the box. The problem I have with them is that they "sleep" or stop responding too quickly after the previous motion. So as I read a page and then go to select or scroll....nothing. The mouse has to be moved back and forth and sometimes the wheel or a button has to be pushed before the pointer will move. This is with the standard BT stack on a ThinkPad with BT 2.1 EDR. Have not found a solution yet. Otherwise they work fine, even with my ICS 4.01 phone.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

grwasserman wrote:I was in for 2 of the BT mice. They both arrived and both worked fine out of the box. The problem I have with them is that they "sleep" or stop responding too quickly after the previous motion. So as I read a page and then go to select or scroll....nothing. The mouse has to be moved back and forth and sometimes the wheel or a button has to be pushed before the pointer will move. This is with the standard BT stack on a ThinkPad with BT 2.1 EDR. Have not found a solution yet. Otherwise they work fine, even with my ICS 4.01 phone.



that is a quirk (or a feature?). you might contact motorola about this. if nothing else, you have a 1 year warranty with them, so if it's a defect, they can send you a replacement if necessary.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

darkdealer


quality posts: 2 Private Messages darkdealer

I bought 2 of these mice and so far the 1st one I have received will not pair with anything. So far I have tried to pair it with 4 computers with no luck. It does not even show up a a discovered device. New batteries, switched to PC and PIP-Boy, nada. Tempted to open up the other one which is a stocking stuffer.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

darkdealer wrote:I bought 2 of these mice and so far the 1st one I have received will not pair with anything. So far I have tried to pair it with 4 computers with no luck. It does not even show up a a discovered device. New batteries, switched to PC and PIP-Boy, nada. Tempted to open up the other one which is a stocking stuffer.


Might be worth contacting Motorola to see if they can help you get it working. It has a one year Motorola warranty.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders