WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which futuristic meal sounds better?
  • 9.3% - Meals that are pills! 180
  • 39.5% - Meals where it’s just a packet, but then you put it in the microwave, and presto! FULL BAKED TURKEY! 768
  • 51.2% - These both sound terrible! Leave food alone, science! 996
1944 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

globalhavoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages globalhavoc

Meals should be intravenous, digestive systems should be extracted.

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Replicators!

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

I hope all the "leave food alone, science" people cook all thier food over open fires that they started by hand without matches or lighters

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper
spitfire6006006 wrote:I hope all the "leave food alone, science" people cook all thier food over open fires that they started by hand without matches or lighters

. yes, so?

willybbridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willybbridge

I would like meals that are healthy and taste good. Thats the future to me. Stop serving me ammonia meat and cloned pig lips. Its totally gross man.

epicsatyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epicsatyr

The "Back to the Future 2" Idea sounds the most plausible..... You put a compressed package of food in a machine, and it hydrates it to your liking. Wonder if they are over hydrated you end up with a giant beach ball of a donut?

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
epicsatyr wrote:The "Back to the Future 2" Idea sounds the most plausible..... You put a compressed package of food in a machine, and it hydrates it to your liking. Wonder if they are over hydrated you end up with a giant beach ball of a donut?

Mmmmm, beach ball donut... aghghghghghgbbbb

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

When I was a super-busy college student with a full-time job I wished for a meal in a pill but now I enjoy cooking and eating REAL food. I could really get behind self-cleaning dishes though...

DavidDrake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidDrake

Just think about it. You could have lobster, filets, roasted duck breasts or even super nachos plus with melted cheese on top just by putting a packet in a microwave! I think we have to fix the microwave first though. It can't even evenly heat pop-tarts or hot pockets. However, you can find the speed of light using a little math, a chocolate bar and a number found on the back of your microwave.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Chicken, good!

BTW: hydration refers to the presence or absence of water. Not the size of a thing. If you over hydrate you end up with a soup.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
MISRy wrote:Chicken, good!

MULTIPASS!

kenph2oski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenph2oski

Futuristic meal makes sounds????
I hope in the future they make NO sounds...

Marvin: [depressed] I'd make a suggestion, but you wouldn't listen.
[even more depressed]
Marvin: No one ever does.

lancer843

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lancer843

Pills all the way. They already have packet microwave meals, its called a hungry-man! Comes in as picture a:
Comes out as picture b:
Of course I wouldnt eat that if my life depended on it.
CANT WAIT FOR THE PILLS

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

I liked the emergency rations that starfleet has engineered. It's amazing how nutritious they can make them.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
danwat1234 wrote:I liked the emergency rations that starfleet has engineered. It's amazing how nutritious they can make them.

Actually, Dr. Bashir designed a cookie that was much better, when he was in medical school. hehe

claren44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages claren44

Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

bluemilkisback

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluemilkisback

Round up put holes in my intestines and gave me an autoimmune disease.