WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cases, Cables, Batteries, and Bags!

You might guffaw at all these K3 accessories for various gadgets and gizmos, but you won't be laughing when you actually need one. So stock up today! OR ELSE. Hmm? Oh, I've just been told we can't threaten you into buying stuff. So we're totally not threatening you right now (we're winking while we type this).

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How waterproof is waterproof? Let us know, below.

I'm just hanging out, really.

jornk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jornk

Smart!
Fashionable!

What else do we need to know? IN!

thek3company

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thek3company
inkycatz wrote:How waterproof is waterproof? Let us know, below.

Thank you for the inquiry. Please see details below as well as information on our website @ www.thek3company.com

Powersac: waterproof, dustproof and static proof up to 6 Meters under water. The ABS material allows you to utlize the keypad, thus you can listen to tunes, watch a video even in the bath tub.

Power Pak 1 Back Pack: Constructed with Heavy Duty Waterproof 500Denier Nylon, PVC (poly vinyl chloride). Will even float in the pool.

Power Pak 2 Duffle:
Constructed with Heavy Duty Waterproof 500 Denier Nylon, PVC (poly vinyl chloride) coating. Same flotation product as above.

If it helps, competitive branded product such as North Face same material, same construction sells for $140-$160. Thank you Woot for the value and offer!

Please check out product reviews to assist in your research.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

mario562

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mario562

is there a video on the K3 PPAK1 PowerPak Waterproof Back Pack?

OoWillz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages OoWillz
thek3company wrote:Thank you for the inquiry. Please see details below as well as information on our website @ www.thek3company.com

Powersac: waterproof, dustproof and static proof up to 6 Meters under water. The ABS material allows you to utlize the keypad, thus you can listen to tunes, watch a video even in the bath tub.

Power Pak 1 Back Pack: Constructed with Heavy Duty Waterproof 500Denier Nylon, PVC (poly vinyl chloride). Will even float in the pool.

Power Pak 2 Duffle:
Constructed with Heavy Duty Waterproof 500 Denier Nylon, PVC (poly vinyl chloride) coating. Same flotation product as above.

If it helps, competitive branded product such as North Face same material, same construction sells for $140-$160. Thank you Woot for the value and offer!

Please check out product reviews to assist in your research.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Are these the same yellow as the following link? Or is it the (imho much better) yellow pictured on the woot site? Maybe Walmart just takes terrible photos or Woot!'s has been touched up a bit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/K3-PowerPak-II-Waterproof-60-Liter-Duffel-Bag-Yellow/16928077?findingMethod=rr#Product+Reviews

http://www.walmart.com/ip/K3-PowerPak-II-Waterproof-60-Liter-Duffel-Bag-Yellow/16928081?findingMethod=rr

thek3company

mario562 wrote:is there a video on the K3 PPAK1 PowerPak Waterproof Back Pack?

Thank you for the inquiry. You can see lifestyle images as well as details on our website @ www.thek3company.com

Please let me know if you have any additional questions and/or requests.

Thank You.

thek3company

OoWillz wrote:Are these the same yellow as the following link? Or is it the (imho much better) yellow pictured on the woot site? Maybe Walmart just takes terrible photos or Woot!'s has been touched up a bit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/K3-PowerPak-II-Waterproof-60-Liter-Duffel-Bag-Yellow/16928077?findingMethod=rr#Product+Reviews

http://www.walmart.com/ip/K3-PowerPak-II-Waterproof-60-Liter-Duffel-Bag-Yellow/16928081?findingMethod=rr

Good afternoon. Yes, these are the same products as referenced in your link above. Same products, same material (s). Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank You

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

You say the backpack and duffle have floatation features:

1) If they get dragged underwater, to what depth are they waterproof?

2) How much weight will the floatation system hold?

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Is the PowerBar Portable Battery for one time use or can it be recharged?

thek3company

mibutterflywingz wrote:Is the PowerBar Portable Battery for one time use or can it be recharged?

Thank you for your inquiry. The portable battery can be re-charged. It comes with a usb/micro cable so you can re-charge from your computer or even your Apple wall charge adapter using the USB cable. It has LED lights so you know exactly how much power remains. It will fully charge most smartphones 3 times before requiring re-charge. Many competitive products on market do not hold the 2200 mAh capacity, thus this is a killer deal

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank You

thek3company

jdelvoie wrote:You say the backpack and duffle have floatation features:

1) If they get dragged underwater, to what depth are they waterproof?

2) How much weight will the floatation system hold?

Thank you for the inquiry. The powersac is waterproof to 6 Meters under water.

The power pak 1 has roll-top closure, thus in reality dry pak except for storm side zipper. The PVC/ABS material assists with floating unless overloaded. Best to be under 12.7 lbs in load due to 30L capacity.

The power pak 2 has storm side zipper closure as well. Would be considered dry pak with exception of zipper. The PVC/ABS material assists with floating unless overloaded. Best to be under 24 lbs due to 60L capacity.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank You

Alopekos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alopekos

@Thek3Company: Thanks for responding to questions!

I have one of my own; are there any dividers inside the PowerPak backpack? I was thinking of using it for cycling(with a laptop) but I'm curious if there's any sort of organization mechanism inside or whether it's just a single volume space.

modemide

quality posts: 1 Private Messages modemide
thek3company wrote:Thank you for the inquiry. The powersac is waterproof to 6 Meters under water.

The power pak 1 has roll-top closure, thus in reality dry pak except for storm side zipper. The PVC/ABS material assists with floating unless overloaded. Best to be under 12.7 lbs in load due to 30L capacity.

The power pak 2 has storm side zipper closure as well. Would be considered dry pak with exception of zipper. The PVC/ABS material assists with floating unless overloaded. Best to be under 24 lbs due to 60L capacity.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank You

Are the zipper sections separate from the main compartment? I'm unable to find any good pictures of the inside of the bag. I'd like to see pictures of other angles of the bag including with it open.

Thanks,
mode

mdixon2212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdixon2212

does anybody know if this will fit through the headphone slot on an iphone 5 otterbox defender? i have to take my phone out of the case on my commute to use my aux port, which sort of the defeats the purpose of having a case...

thek3company

Alopekos wrote:@Thek3Company: Thanks for responding to questions!

I have one of my own; are there any dividers inside the PowerPak backpack? I was thinking of using it for cycling(with a laptop) but I'm curious if there's any sort of organization mechanism inside or whether it's just a single volume space.

Thank you for the inquiry. The power pak back pack is one single compartment, but has small size zipper storage on the lumar belt/shoulder straps for small items as needed (keys and such). I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank You

ebloch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebloch

Can an iPhone 4S remain inside the Powerwrap4 while both units are being recharged or must the iPhone be removed and charged separately?

PS: the following emails are bouncing:
service@theK3company.com
sales@thek3company.com

hudsonjoe1969

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hudsonjoe1969

will the battery case work with Sprint 4S iphone?

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

What is the purpose of the audio cable? I mean, I would like to use it to extend the length of my headphones on my laptop. I'm assuming I would have to buy a coupler but will it work for that?

queenangelfish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages queenangelfish

Are the audio cables 3.5mm?

tempesto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tempesto

Hello, I'd like to share my experience with the audio cable for those that are asking. I bought the cable for $10 last time and use it in my car to connect my ipod to the aux. I would say the cable is nicely built, but the premium price is probably because it is platinum (rarer metal) coated instead of gold. From my research on the topic, platinum is a more inert metal and is more resistant to corrosion. With this said however, for most purposes I think gold would be just fine and also has a higher conductivity rate. This shouldn't matter all too much either, because it is a thin plating.

@hehthuryo Yes, I believe you can use it as an extension as long as you get a male to female adapter

@queenangel Yes, they are 3.5mm

thek3company

ebloch wrote:Can an iPhone 4S remain inside the Powerwrap4 while both units are being recharged or must the iPhone be removed and charged separately?

PS: the following emails are bouncing:
service@theK3company.com
sales@thek3company.com

Thank you for the inquiry. Appreciate the heads up regarding the server issues as well. I have contacted the IT department and requested immediate resolution.

As for the Powerwrap 4 battery case, you can charge both the phone and the battery case at the same time. No need to separate for charging purposes.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you

thek3company

modemide wrote:Are the zipper sections separate from the main compartment? I'm unable to find any good pictures of the inside of the bag. I'd like to see pictures of other angles of the bag including with it open.

Thanks,
mode

Thank you for the inquiry. The zipper compartments are inside the bag as separate area. Unfortunately, we are sold out on all of the waterproof bags, thus please stay tuned for the new 2013 line which will be launching soon! Great products at a great value here at Woot!

thek3company

hudsonjoe1969 wrote:will the battery case work with Sprint 4S iphone?

Thank you for the inquiry.

The black and silver models are AT&T /T-Mobile/TDMA compliant while the clear case is Universal for both Verizon's network and the TDMA networks above. Keep an eye out as the new 2013 product line will be launching soon here at Woot!

Thanks Again.

thek3company

queenangelfish wrote:Are the audio cables 3.5mm?

Thank you for the inquiry. Yes, the audio cable is 3.5mm and a quite versatile piece as well.

Check it out. Great product. Fabulous price.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you

thek3company

tempesto wrote:Hello, I'd like to share my experience with the audio cable for those that are asking. I bought the cable for $10 last time and use it in my car to connect my ipod to the aux. I would say the cable is nicely built, but the premium price is probably because it is platinum (rarer metal) coated instead of gold. From my research on the topic, platinum is a more inert metal and is more resistant to corrosion. With this said however, for most purposes I think gold would be just fine and also has a higher conductivity rate. This shouldn't matter all too much either, because it is a thin plating.

@hehthuryo Yes, I believe you can use it as an extension as long as you get a male to female adapter

@queenangel Yes, they are 3.5mm

Thank you! Could not have said it any better!

Appreciate the feedback and product support!

Enjoy.

quezbor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quezbor

Anyone have any luck contacting the K3 company? My powerwrap broke within 1 week of getting it. I emailed them and never got a response. I'm sending it back to woot if they'll take it.