4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ntle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ntle

Got these little babies last time, love them!

bobmoll

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bobmoll

Bought two pair of these last time they were on Woot. Impressed, and so are others that hear them, lots of bass despite their petite dimensions. Clear high–end too, very good sound for the size and for the $.
Pay attention, some hate the 30-minute auto-shutoff (don't put it on a high shelf), doesn't bug me one bit. Turn it on in the mornings when I get to my desk, and sometimes after lunch.

boodahfinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boodahfinger

Bought a pair last time and waiting for them to come back from Audyssey due to issues with the speakers not working 90% of the time. When they worked they sounded pretty well for their size.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1071 Private Messages whatsamattaU

195 comments last time, not sure if it was $79.99 then:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5201340

includes company rep's comments/answers.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Bought it last time. If you are OK with the auto shut off (I would still prefer no auto shutoff or have auto wake but it is not a big issue for me), these speakers sounds very good and well worth the price.

Have no technical issue. Everything went as expected and the bass was surprisingly good. Very happy with it. Have no more need for more speakers or else I would get more. Maybe a Christmas present. Hmm.....

mdwooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdwooter

Anyone have a comparison to Klipsch pro media?

alysseumwarrior

quality posts: 13 Private Messages alysseumwarrior

I bought these and they sound good, full, and accurate. But I liked my SoundStick IIs a little better because they have a separate woofer.

These are more accurate, but my soundsticks sound better when listening to movies and things with a lot of highs and bass…. but the mids are pretty bad.

equant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages equant

Does anyone know if these will decode AC3 / Dolby Digital?

esteebin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esteebin

I also bought these the last time for the same price. It worked perfectly for me. Great sound surprising amount of bass and sleek design. I have it connected to a Logitech Bluetooth adapter so when I want to play some tunes I just need to tap on the power/volume, connect, and play. I have the volume set at 3/4 on the speaker and control overall volume on my iPhone 4S. I would highly recommend these.

The other set of speakers I want are the Audioengine A2's. Hey Woot staff, any chance of having those featured here?

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Bought one last time around and I like them a lot. I have quite a few setups and this is my favorite because it sounds good enough for me to get rid of my THX desktop speakers and reduce clutter. In for 2 more as gifts. Great timing!

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

I would already have a pair or two if not for the auto turn-off bug... *Cough, Cough* I meant Feature, Auto Turn Off Feature

okayjay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okayjay

For people who plans on using with a tv or for people who works on computer that needs notification noises while doing other things, the auto off feature is a pain in the ass but if you're just using it on your computer for entertainment purposes this speaker is a really good bang for the buck. I bought it last time on woot and I would say money well spent.

zylime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zylime

The boyfriend bought these in the last woot deal... Very well made, very good sound. I'm a huge fan... No joke, yesterday I said "man, if those speakers show up on woot again I might have to buy them." Just did. Sweet.

chretist

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chretist

Nice pair! ;)

dandutra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandutra

Has anyone who picked up a pair last time figured out a work around to get them powered up with 220v [overseas]?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

There is an Optical Digital Input!
I guess reading is pretty cool.
You could plug a Playstation in directly using the SPDIF input.

Here's a nice review from Gadget Mac and some pics below of the Optical Input.

supayeti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supayeti
dandutra wrote:Has anyone who picked up a pair last time figured out a work around to get them powered up with 220v [overseas]?

Voltage Converter

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Mine from previous Woot were bad out of the box .I had to pay return shipping to Audyssey, wait an extra week and got back a used set of speakers in return. Many other Wooters had problems as well. If you're lucky enough to get a working pair,they do sound great.

Previous listing:
http://tech.woot.com/offers/audyssey-media-speakers-pair

greengert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greengert

Can anyone explain why they would have an auto shut off that is not adjustable? That's enough to prevent a purchase.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
greengert wrote:Can anyone explain why they would have an auto shut off that is not adjustable? That's enough to prevent a purchase.

Im a bit confused. The auto-shutoff means they turn off if they are sitting unused after thirty minutes right? I don't see why that too bad.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

For TV, this mean that every time you want to hear through this speaker, you have to walk over and turn it on. One more thing you have to remember as you put in the movie or what not. I am pretty sure for normal TV use, pretty soon you will just learn to live with the basic TV speakers instead of walking over for programming such as news.

For computer use, as mentioned before, if you rely on sound notification from IM/Skype or use computer alarm clocks, this will not work well.

I don't mind it much, but I still find myself forgetting to turn it on. Imagine you have been watching youtube, then decided to either watch some TV or do some work so as you take a break, you are looking over at youtube, espn or whatever that has embedded video and for just a split second, you are wondering, why am I not getting any sound? Is there no audio to this video and then you go, duh and reach over and turn it on.

I still really wish there is auto on, but as long as you know what you are getting into, on a desktop environment, it really isn't that big of an issue.

I would guess that these were originally designed as media player speakers (then why the toslink...) so that since a mp3 player is either continuing playing or end at a playlist, the auto off with no auto on is ok since to start playing music again, it requires you to walk over and hit play again on the audio player. Don't know...

Anyway, despite all that, to me, this is a very good deal and I am sure a real upgrade for most people.

theguruguys wrote:Im a bit confused. The auto-shutoff means they turn off if they are sitting unused after thirty minutes right? I don't see why that too bad.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
mikop168 wrote:For TV, this mean that every time you want to hear through this speaker, you have to walk over and turn it on. One more thing you have to remember as you put in the movie or what not. I am pretty sure for normal TV use, pretty soon you will just learn to live with the basic TV speakers instead of walking over for programming such as news.

For computer use, as mentioned before, if you rely on sound notification from IM/Skype or use computer alarm clocks, this will not work well.

I don't mind it much, but I still find myself forgetting to turn it on. Imagine you have been watching youtube, then decided to either watch some TV or do some work so as you take a break, you are looking over at youtube, espn or whatever that has embedded video and for just a split second, you are wondering, why am I not getting any sound? Is there no audio to this video and then you go, duh and reach over and turn it on.

I still really wish there is auto on, but as long as you know what you are getting into, on a desktop environment, it really isn't that big of an issue.

I would guess that these were originally designed as media player speakers (then why the toslink...) so that since a mp3 player is either continuing playing or end at a playlist, the auto off with no auto on is ok since to start playing music again, it requires you to walk over and hit play again on the audio player. Don't know...

Anyway, despite all that, to me, this is a very good deal and I am sure a real upgrade for most people.

I wasn't quite thinking outside of my typical computer speaker use - all your points are very valid but I would probably enjoy the auto-shutoff. Currently I have a big power hungry Onkyo receiver powering my Polk audio bookshelf speakers for my PC. They sound great, but I forget to turn the receiver off all the time and it just hogs the power all day while I am gone.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

I purchased these last time and have not even set them up yet so I can't say how well I like them. How lazy is that?

Hopefully by the next offer and I am sure there will be I will be able to give a valid critique.

gkcmilner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gkcmilner

I bought these the last time Woot offered them. I am not that impressed.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
gkcmilner wrote:I bought these the last time Woot offered them. I am not that impressed.

I'm not impressed either. The sound quality is ok but they don't get loud and if your used to a 2:1 system with a sub you can forget about these. Many many people had DOA's. Pretty BS how people got the run around on replacements as the where supposedly none in stock and now just a couple weeks later there back again.

CANNONFODDER0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CANNONFODDER0

Bought them last time. Love them!

Not too lazy to get up and turn them on, plus I have a rescue TV - presumably the previous owners threw it away because the audio quits randomly requiring a power cycle. Would be a PITA for a $400-4,000 TV, but surprisingly not an issue for a free 46" LCD HDTV...

v/r,
C-F

fallendown79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fallendown79

Mine were bad as well. I went on the Audessey website forum and it seemed dozens of pairs sentout by Woot were bad. And Audessey did not respond to any of the complaints on the forum. I found a compaint about something else on the forum where Audessey had replied - months later. I sent mine back and bought a pair of Bose. Weeks later, I am still awaiting my refund.

jiggersgreen wrote:Mine from previous Woot were bad out of the box .I had to pay return shipping to Audyssey, wait an extra week and got back a used set of speakers in return. Many other Wooters had problems as well. If you're lucky enough to get a working pair,they do sound great.

Previous listing:
http://tech.woot.com/offers/audyssey-media-speakers-pair

fallendown79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fallendown79

After the problems with so many people getting bad speakers last time, I can't believe you are selling them again. Mine were a couple of red striped bricks. Good luck to whoever buys them this time.

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 38 Private Messages jiggersgreen
fallendown79 wrote:After the problems with so many people getting bad speakers last time, I can't believe you are selling them again. Mine were a couple of red striped bricks. Good luck to whoever buys them this time.

I think it's time for an explanation from Woot why they couldn't offer replacements to those of us that received duds, and yet they seem to have plenty available for sale now.

Quaddawg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Quaddawg
mdwooter wrote:Anyone have a comparison to Klipsch pro media?

I got these last time through, and yes, I have the Klipsch pro media on my desk too... truth is, as much as I loved my Klipsch, they don't get turned on anymore, and will be relagated to garage sound duty as soon as I get off my lazy butt and move them.

The Klipsch are louder, but the Audyssey sound much better. I love them.

Kirk2out

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kirk2out

"Underwhelming" is my word of choice for these speakers." I just hooked up the pair I bought in the recent Woot-off and found them to have inadequate bass response, much less than the (perpetually in the shop) Avid AV-30s, and only a little more than garden variety $20 standard computer speakers. They have OK highs and fairly clear sound, but overall disappointing, and way overpriced.

topshelf7777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topshelf7777

Honestly this is a ridiculous comment. I have these and they are fabulous with plenty of deep bass. Did you use the optical input and cable? Howm many garden speakers have optical inputs so you can use it with apple TV and create a wireless speaker?? Huge difference in sound quality. Overpriced at $79.99???? I'd like to see you come up with anything remotely close to the performance of this at anywhere near the price.

Kirk2out wrote:"Underwhelming" is my word of choice for these speakers." I just hooked up the pair I bought in the recent Woot-off and found them to have inadequate bass response, much less than the (perpetually in the shop) Avid AV-30s, and only a little more than garden variety $20 standard computer speakers. They have OK highs and fairly clear sound, but overall disappointing, and way overpriced.

topshelf7777

Great review of this product on CNET

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57408758-47/audysseys-potent-little-lower-east-side-desktop-speakers/

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 39 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Sitting here trying to fathom how "auto turn-off" is ever a good idea for a set of multi-media speakers.

And I'm coming up blank. What an amazingly stupid idea.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

topshelf7777

Here's another review on Gizmodo.

http://gizmodo.com/5825342/audyssey-lower-east-side-speakers-desk+small-tv+brilliant/gallery/1

Not sure why all the fuss on auto shutoff which I appreciate as a feature,but they sound fantastic and bass that comes out of this small box seems near impossible.

jeffaudyssey

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeffaudyssey

Hi, Jeff from Audyssey here. Hope the community takes advantage of this great deal. Will be checking in throughout the day to answer questions as will others from the company.

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1

These little speakers are a great deal. They go on amazon for more than double what you are paying here, and they pack one hell of a punch for how small they are. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quantity and quality of the bass on these. Has a digital audio port, and a solid feeling build to them. For those complaining about the auto-shutoff...Really? Have we really gotten to the point where having to press a physical button before using something is THAT big of an inconvenience to people? I'm pretty sure they only do that shutoff when there is no audio going to them, so its not like it is going to shut off in the middle of you watching a movie or listening to them. For the amount of power that it is (hopefully) saving, I gladly push a button to turn them on before use. I think people are being a little ridiculous.

rsinger1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rsinger1
rsinger1 wrote:These little speakers are a great deal. They go on amazon for more than double what you are paying here, and they pack one hell of a punch for how small they are. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quantity and quality of the bass on these. Has a digital audio port, and a solid feeling build to them. For those complaining about the auto-shutoff...Really? Have we really gotten to the point where having to press a physical button before using something is THAT big of an inconvenience to people? I'm pretty sure they only do that shutoff when there is no audio going to them, so its not like it is going to shut off in the middle of you watching a movie or listening to them. For the amount of power that it is (hopefully) saving, I gladly push a button to turn them on before use. I think people are being a little ridiculous.

**Almost double**

sturgidson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sturgidson
ntle wrote:Got these little babies last time, love them!

Yep, I picked them up last time as well, and LOVE them. They are probably my favorite Woot purchase thus far.

Seriously surprised at the quality of sound that these produce in a small to medium space, particularly in the mids and lows - for a set of bookshelf speakers that don't have a dedicated woofer, these put out surprisingly low bass.

A couple other notes: The stands are NOT adjustable - they are permanently tilted upward and mounted on the wire stands.

I wish you could remove the speaker covers - you can't.

The Auto-shutoff is real, but for me it is absolutely not a problem. I use my speakers in the office, so I just reach over when I wish and bump the knob.

I did not hear about those folks who had bad speakers out of the box - this is seriously annoying. I haven't experienced any problems myself, but if significant other users have, that is cause for concern.