3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Chupac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chupac

Bought these last time they were on woot. Charger is nice and works well and the batteries do hold a charge as long as alkaline. You can leave them in stuff like remotes and not have to worry about the drain over time.

A warning though, one of my batteries from iGo exploded while in a wiimote. Never had a battery explode on me before so may have been a law of averages thing but just a heads up.

jro2020

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jro2020

Are these really 1.5 volt or are they 1.2 like most rechargeable?

stile33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stile33

Hmmm...
Retail: $24.99

Woot: $19.99
Woot Shipping: $5.00
Woot Total: $24.99

Let the savings begin...

jro2020

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jro2020
stile33 wrote:Hmmm...
Retail: $24.99

Woot: $19.99
Woot Shipping: $5.00
Woot Total: $24.99

Let the savings begin...

does that include the extra 8 battries that you get with the woot deal? Never mind answered my own question. Hmm no it doesn't. U fail

DDock3287

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DDock3287

I was surprised to see that there is no mAh ratings listed here or on iGo's website.

Looks like iGo's AAs are rated at 2000mAh which is pretty good compared to my expensive Energizer NiMH AAs rated at 2500mAh. My cheaper Rayovac's are only 1800mAh (1600mAh for the older model).

iGo's AAAs is rated at 800mAh vs Energizer's at 850mAh.

David A Dachenhaus

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Timely deal: many experts recommend changing the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors when you "spring forward" and "fall back."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
neuropsychosocial wrote:Timely deal: many experts recommend changing the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors when you "spring forward" and "fall back."

Don't most smoke detectors use a 9v?

stvangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stvangel
jro2020 wrote:how do Nickle Metal Hydride batteries contain no Nickle?

These are Alkaline rechargeables, not Nickel-Metal Hydride. They have advantages, in that they don't self-discharge like NiMH do, but their lifespans are rapidly depleted if you discharge them more than 50% of their capacity. It's best to only use 25% of them at most before recharging to get your maximum number of recharges out of them.

You should use these in low-drain gadgets like remote controls, and set a reminder to recharge them every month or so even if you'd expect them to last six months or so normally. They'll last far longer.

Of course if you want to use them like regular Alkaline batteries and use them until they are drained, just realize you're only going to get a few charges out of them. Nickel-Metal Hydride are better for things that draw a lot of power and don't need to sit ready in a drawer for a long period of time.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
jro2020 wrote:does that include the extra 8 battries that you get with the woot deal? Never mind answered my own question. Hmm no it doesn't. U fail

not to mention buying more that one!

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
Chupac wrote:Bought these last time they were on woot. Charger is nice and works well and the batteries do hold a charge as long as alkaline. You can leave them in stuff like remotes and not have to worry about the drain over time.

A warning though, one of my batteries from iGo exploded while in a wiimote. Never had a battery explode on me before so may have been a law of averages thing but just a heads up.

Still $19.99. Last woots:
http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5203314

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5172940

Good night

PWootster1109

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PWootster1109

12 AA Rechargeable Batteries -perfect for yesterdays Woot! Anywhere LED Night Lights, 3-Pack -each light uses 4AA.
Thanks Woot!

xaro159

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xaro159

Hmm...

iGo Battery Charger with 12 AA & 4 AAA Batteries

Includes 8-position battery charger with 4 AA & 4 AAA rechargeable alkaline batteries

Which is it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xaro159 wrote:Hmm...

Which is it?

You get 12 AA & 4 AAA Batteries. I think the first bullet you quoted is from old copy when they listed the charger separate from the package of extra batteries. I'll send it in for fixing in the morning. I'm not gonna get poor Eric out of bed for that.

EDIT: I mean the 2nd one quotes. My bad.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xaro159

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xaro159
ThunderThighs wrote:You get 12 AA & 4 AAA Batteries. I think the first bullet you quoted is from old copy when they listed the charger separate from the package of extra batteries. I'll send it in for fixing in the morning. I'm not gonna get poor Eric out of bed for that.

The title of it is 12 AA & 4AA, the second quote is from the description.

Thanks for clarifying!

preshusbane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages preshusbane

I ordered these before via woot! Let me tell you, they suck. They won't hold a charge if you actually use the device they are in. Sure, if you stick them in something you never use they may last... I suggest avoiding them, they just aren't worth the $$.

onyxtwilight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onyxtwilight
preshusbane wrote:I ordered these before via woot! Let me tell you, they suck. They won't hold a charge if you actually use the device they are in. Sure, if you stick them in something you never use they may last... I suggest avoiding them, they just aren't worth the $$.

I agree, I bought some of these because I love my magic mouse but it eats batteries like candy, and they only lasted through a couple charge cycles. I'll wait for a Duracell set, my Duracell rechargeables work great.

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

From the 8AA and 8AAA I've gotten, 1 of each won't hold a charge, but the others seem to work well. Pretty good for wiimotes. Less good for my bike light, but even so, gets the job done and I haven't bought batteries in a couple months.

ancyker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ancyker
DDock3287 wrote:I was surprised to see that there is no mAh ratings listed here or on iGo's website.

Looks like iGo's AAs are rated at 2000mAh which is pretty good compared to my expensive Energizer NiMH AAs rated at 2500mAh. My cheaper Rayovac's are only 1800mAh (1600mAh for the older model).

iGo's AAAs is rated at 800mAh vs Energizer's at 850mAh.

Was very suspicious of that info being absent, where did you end up finding it?

thehausers96

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thehausers96
onyxtwilight wrote:I agree, I bought some of these because I love my magic mouse but it eats batteries like candy, and they only lasted through a couple charge cycles. I'll wait for a Duracell set, my Duracell rechargeables work great.

.....enough negatives for me. I'll wait as well. Thanks.

no1g8r

quality posts: 2 Private Messages no1g8r

I've been using Eneloop low discharge rechargables since they first hit the market, and love 'em.

They hold 80% of their charge after sitting in a drawer for a year and can be recharged 1500 times. Much greener than Igo's

If Woot! will put Eneloops up, I'll buy a bunch of 'em. But I'll pass o these.

jbrandii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbrandii

I bought a couple batches of these - with the smaller igo only chargers. AA and AAA. I've had very good luck with them. Wife uses them in here digital recorder for recording lectures - that puppy used to eat alkalines for lunch. She just swaps at the end of each day now, and does not worry about them running out. my GPS. remotes. I don't use them in flashes and things - it is not what they were designed for. Nice they added a mixed-mode charger.

HarveyH45

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HarveyH45

I like the charger, well worth the price. I replaced my old $60 smart charger, with three of these. The old one was too picky about which batteries it would charge, and which it rejected. I'd occasionally have to pull out a cheap charger, to get them started. The IGO charger, if it refuses, the battery is really dead.

These chargers, are slow chargers, not battery cookers. Definitely a good thing for NiMH batteries. Only thing missing, is a discharge cycle.

The alkaline batteries I've gotten, and used, haven't fail yet. No leaking batteries, and still functioning. Regular alkalines, that I've experimented with, do eventually leak, after 4-5 charges. The Kodak batteries bought on Woot, are the worst offenders. Pretty much stopped using the regulars, since I've got so many of the IGO batteries now.

These are 1.5 volt batteries, and I have a few devices that don't last with 1.2 NiMH. These work great in my Metal Detector, which takes 8 AA.

The charger is a great buy, the batteries are a decent bonus, although I haven't had to throw any out yet, and been using them since last spring. You will save money, if you been buying alkaline.

0ldeag1e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 0ldeag1e
jro2020 wrote:does that include the extra 8 battries that you get with the woot deal? Never mind answered my own question. Hmm no it doesn't. U fail

Amazon is currently flogging the iGo Family-Style 8-Position Charger with 4 "AA" and 4 "AAA" Batteries for under $23.

nachokingp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nachokingp

I bought a bunch of these last time they were on woot! and they were helpful during Hurricane Sandy, but I found that the casing the batteries use are thicker than average battery casings and they were much tighter than normal in things like flashlights where the batteries have to slide in. Also, they did NOT come pre-charged, despite what the box said. I had to recharge them all before they were even remotely functional.

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

Now, don't get me wrong - I love the idea of rechargeables, and I bought a set of these not too long ago (still unopened).

But if they're so good, how come they're getting clearanced so heavily?

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
bookofjoshua wrote:Don't most smoke detectors use a 9v?

Yeah, and besides that- I would never trust a rechargeable in a smoke detector.

Postal1398

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Postal1398
preshusbane wrote:I ordered these before via woot! Let me tell you, they suck. They won't hold a charge if you actually use the device they are in. Sure, if you stick them in something you never use they may last... I suggest avoiding them, they just aren't worth the $$.

I also agree. They are OK for remotes, but that's about it. They're not strong enough for a battery toothbrush. Also, I went to swap some out in the recharger (which wasn't plugged in), and found that one of the batteries had leaked, ruining the charger. Save your money.

akwain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akwain

Would these be good in a cordless phone? I have some old cordless phones that take AA and have their own charging stand. Would I run any risk charging these with another charger? I also need some AA for cheap outdoor solar lights but it sounds like these are definitely not recommended as they would run the batteries down completely every night?

classman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages classman

Does anyone know if this charger will also charge powergenix nizn batteries?

Nesher

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Nesher

I have a bunch of these, use 'em for stuff that sits around a while, unused (e.g. flashlights, night vision goggles, etc.)
Only problem: I have plenty of AA's, but I'd like to get more AAA's. Where can I just get me some AAA's?

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Is the charger considered a "smart" charger, in that it charges each battery individually?

rfonewatt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rfonewatt

Bought these last time they were on W00t! and they are excellent. For rechargable alkalines I haven't used anything better..

They ARE alkalines though so don't expect them to do much better than normal AA's in high drain devices like cameras, etc.

They are great for kids toys, remote controls, weather stations/remote sensors, etc..

Quit pondering and order 'em up if you need ALKALINE batteries.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
rrussell wrote:Now, don't get me wrong - I love the idea of rechargeables, and I bought a set of these not too long ago (still unopened).

But if they're so good, how come they're getting clearanced so heavily?

Because they are failed technology. Ten years ago or more I had a nationally syndicted radio computer show and some big battery company sent me these. This was back when NiMh cells were not around much, just Ni-Cads for consumers.

The trick was that, with each charging cycle, these would hold LESS power! So, after perhaps 20 cycles, they would be dead. I suspect those who say they are great haven't had them for very long.

Major FLOP in the market and I am surprised that any are still made. Perhaps they are sold in third-world markets where other cells cost too much.

Buy eneloop technology and use a good charger (La Crosse Technologies makes a nice one).

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
adamant628 wrote:Is the charger considered a "smart" charger, in that it charges each battery individually?

According to the review on Amazon.com it will charge batteries individually, but that doesn't make it a smart charger.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
onyxtwilight wrote:I agree, I bought some of these because I love my magic mouse but it eats batteries like candy, and they only lasted through a couple charge cycles. I'll wait for a Duracell set, my Duracell rechargeables work great.

I've had the same experience with my magic mouse. Out of the box, pre-charged the batteries work great and do last a couple of weeks before needing a charge. But after that, battery life before needing a new charge is not very good.

Save your money for another Woot item.

goindi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goindi

is the charger international i.e 220V

milacqua48

quality posts: 3 Private Messages milacqua48
akwain wrote:Would these be good in a cordless phone? I have some old cordless phones that take AA and have their own charging stand. Would I run any risk charging these with another charger? I also need some AA for cheap outdoor solar lights but it sounds like these are definitely not recommended as they would run the batteries down completely every night?

No. These MUST be charged only in the charger they came with. The charger can charge other batteries but the batteries themselves must use the I-Go charger.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Like last time, the Woot price comparison is incorrect.

This deal is for a charger with 4 AA and 4AAA batteries, and for 8 additional AA batteries. The list price for the charger with 4AA and 4AAA batteries is $24.99, while the list price for 8 AA batteries is $12.99. Thus, the list price for the total deal is $37.98, giving a Woot savings of 47%, not 20%

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Thadius856

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thadius856
Chupac wrote:Bought these last time they were on woot. Charger is nice and works well and the batteries do hold a charge as long as alkaline. You can leave them in stuff like remotes and not have to worry about the drain over time.

I had a Duracell coppertop explode while in a headlamp. Thankfully the battery pack is mounted on the rear of the headstrap at the back of the head. Gave me a real good scare.

Law of averages, indeed.