WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HDTV 4 EVRYBDY

It can be overwhelming to see all the HDTVs we sell on Woot. It seems like every day we've got ten new ones up here. Well: these are DEFINITELY more TVs. That's for sure. Lots of em. Big ones. Slightly less big ones. To wit: TVs. 

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

VIZIO vs Samsung - who would you bet on?

I'm just hanging out, really.

Bingo969

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Bingo969
inkycatz wrote:VIZIO vs Samsung - who would you bet on?

Depends on who is doing the refurbishing.

I was thinking I might bite on the Vizio 47" with wifi but still way too gunshy after all the issues with the refurb Vizios off woot plus deals on the main woot site (Including my own DOA bedroom sized unit).

Bad refurbs make me a sad Bingo

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Bingo969 wrote:Depends on who is doing the refurbishing.

I was thinking I might bite on the Vizio 47" with wifi but still way too gunshy after all the issues with the refurb Vizios off woot plus deals on the main woot site (Including my own DOA bedroom sized unit).

Bad refurbs make me a sad Bingo

not to open a whole big can of stuff (because i can't blame you for being cautious), but i will say re: the Vizio Refurb Issues of Antiarch - it was a very slim minority out of a very big pool of purchasers.

they were vocal, of course, and rightly so. but i guess i just want to provide a little perspective/context, because i hate a sad Bingo more than anything in the world.

so if it's reassuring at all, know that it wasn't a big number.
(where goal should always be zero, naturally.)

i just want to see you smile again.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

crannon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crannon

I own the vizio 47" 3d tv and have been very pleased with it thus far. It has many features, the picture quality is great and so is the 3d effect (passive! movie theater 3d glasses work great). I wish it had the 2d to 3d conversion feature like some LG models. It's not as elegant as other models too (a bit bulky). The remote is interesting, with a full qwerty keyboard on the back. Dissapointingly, the remote only works well if pointed towards the lower left corner of the tv; I've had many inputs not register because of this. Still glad I went with the vizio, and it was $200 cheaper than a similar spec'd LG I was eyeing.

aknox077

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aknox077

I've been out of the TV game for awhile. I just got cable service for the first time in something like 7-8 years and we just have the basic locals plus some extras. There are HD stations included but we can't access those because(as I've found out) my older HDTV doesn't have a built-in QAM tuner and my cable package doesn't come with a set top box. Do any of these TVs have built in QAM tuners? I didn't see it in their descriptions, just standard ATSC.

Bingo969

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Bingo969
PemberDucky wrote: but i guess i just want to provide a little perspective/context, because i hate a sad Bingo more than anything in the world.

Wow! More than anything? Even more than flaming kidney stones? Or depressed emo pandas?

Seriously though, thanks. It's tough on our side when we have no concept of how many of something are going out. All we can go by is the posts on the boards and let's be honest - there were a lot of them.

And of course I know you all want to hit 0% problems but especially with things like that (Products refurbed and shipped by another company) - the only control you can exert over the quality is to stop doing business with them or threaten to do so.

Glad to hear things have been worked out. Maybe next time one rolls around I'll bite again.

Either way, thanks for always being excellent in the customer service side of things.

And if nothing else, since today is Friday I'm smiling! Woo Woo.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Woot, consider offering more LED models. It is very noticeable that most of the time the first to sell out (and quickly) are the LED's over the LCD's. I am on the east coast so it is 1:00am here before you daily offerings begin. As I am rarely awake at that hour, by the time I am up and around, 6A or so, the LED's are almost always gone unless it is a small screen. The west coast gets a real break as they can start viewing at 10PM their time. So, the answer would be to offer more if you could get them.

BarkOLounger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BarkOLounger

Well I'm glad I got a chance to get a good deal on the Vizio 42 inch model. I needed a christmas present for my sons bedroom, and his only real wish was Picture in Picture (so he can play video games on one side and watch TV on the other).

It's surprising how few TV models are made with this feature anymore, and the "deals" don't have it very often.

He has used a smaller Vizio for this same purpose for years in the basement game room, and it has been a very good TV for us for years.

Anyway, once again thanks Woot.

rbonestell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbonestell

Does woot use their own pictures of each product or use stock photos? I ask because I like how slim this Samsung I bought looks:

http://tech.woot.com/offers/samsung-46-1080p-lcd-hdtv-with-4-hdmi

Although, when I look it up I see a different TV pictured. The model numbers seem quite nebulous (showing LN46C630K1F on Samsung's website without XZA on the end) and it appears to be a different TV than pictured on woot:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/LN46C630K1FXZA-gallery

Just curious!

shanejhn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shanejhn

Does anyone know what guage these HDMI cables are?

triculo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triculo

ditto charliecarroll's comment. I would very much enjoy an LED TV. Maybe even for Christmas, eh. BTW, charliecarroll are you in AZ, i know someone by that specific name. We recently went to a Cardinals Football game, except when we went into the stadium, he biked around outside tailgating.

rbonestell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rbonestell
rbonestell wrote:Does woot use their own pictures of each product or use stock photos? ...

Well, my TV was delivered today and I can confirm that the Samsung site was right and the picture on Woot was of another model.

Also, unfortunately, the TV showed up with massive damage; dents in the sides and cracks in the front. I have contacted woot support to find out what my options are...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rbonestell wrote:Well, my TV was delivered today and I can confirm that the Samsung site was right and the picture on Woot was of another model.

Also, unfortunately, the TV showed up with massive damage; dents in the sides and cracks in the front. I have contacted woot support to find out what my options are...

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm just hanging out, really.