whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Woohoo, just bought a white one (after fighting with myself for three hours almost). I went with what this video showed and the numbers do look easier to read on white. Even though I hardly look at my buttons. I take a lot of pictures from my desk and I just wanted to like... make my calcumouse noticeable.

I kind of had to look the other way when I clicked the "confirm order" button though.

Special thanks to jwsmed and farmerdan (you two look alike) for helping me out.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

austinyawney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austinyawney

this is actually a great gaming mouse for mmo,s because it doubles as a keypad

wharper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wharper

"But since when does Canon make mice? Since when do they make calculators?"

"In 1964, Canon entered the office equipment market with the debut of the world's first 10-key electronic calculator."

http://www.canon.com/about/history/outline.html

Thus, Canon INVENTED the first electronic calculator...

toadc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toadc

Does anyone know.......
will this mouse work for my
TPS reports?

demee007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages demee007

LIES. This mouse will not compliment the contours of your hand; it will only complement them.

[MOD: Heh, I'll send it in for a fix.]

danwat1234

quality posts: 5 Private Messages danwat1234

From reviews on Amazon it looks like the 1 weakness of this cool device is that the bluetooth may or may not work.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

The hands-down winner in the "who can pack the most buttons onto a mouse" design contest.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
yozman wrote:Honestly the only reason I'm considering this is because it's bluetooth, I cannot find a decently (read: cheaply) priced bluetooth mouse.
The one thing I'm worried about is accidental math while surfing, are the keys stiff enough not to be pressed accidentally while I'm not trying to use them?

I'd be concerned about "accidental math," too. I would prefer this to be USB (so I could use it on any computer in the house); not sure if my daughter's laptop has Bluetooth or not. My spouse has a calculator built into one end of his mouse pad (and separate from the mousing surface, so no "accidental math"); I tend to either grab a cheap calculator from the kitchen "junk drawer" or use an onscreen calculator.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090
wharper wrote:"But since when does Canon make mice? Since when do they make calculators?"

"In 1964, Canon entered the office equipment market with the debut of the world's first 10-key electronic calculator."

http://www.canon.com/about/history/outline.html

Thus, Canon INVENTED the first electronic calculator...

You are getting this from Canon's website it could be a little biased. Other websites that offer a history don't really have any clear cut first. Chances are simultaneously several companies were coming out with similar devices arounf the same time, although Canon was definitely one of them.

libertybelle

quality posts: 7 Private Messages libertybelle

wouldn't you continually mash the calculator buttons with the bottom of your hand?

jpicasso

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpicasso

After reading the description, I am reminded as to why I enjoy shopping here so much. The woot! staff does not insult our intelligence when offering very (very very very) niche products.

That said, I'm in for none, as I like using my calculator coffee mug instead.

dspychala

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dspychala

I may just have to jump on this. As a teacher with a laptop, I have to choose to either enter grades with the stupid number keys along the top of the keyboard or attach a keyboard. This may be the answer to my prayers! Oh, and its a calculator too!

anilpillai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anilpillai

Now this mouse can truly multiply. And quite rapidly, I might add.

Fendar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fendar

I mouse-left leaving the 10-key on the keyboard for my right hand. Although I can use a calculator with my left, my right hand isn't busy...

wootronic

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wootronic

So, could this be used as just a blue tooth keypad while using another mouse for mousing? Maybe it would be good for just keyboard shortcuts--I've been missing the extended keyboard on my mac.

cheriea99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheriea99
ericgrassi wrote:I'm really trying to think of why this is an actual product, but I can't wrap my mind around how it's anything but completely redundant, and probably uncomfortable.

I'm with you, it doesn't look comfortable to use at all. I guess someone out there would want it solely for the novelty aspects of it's design, but I can hardly say it's even worth what they're asking.

cheriea99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheriea99
austinyawney wrote:this is actually a great gaming mouse for mmo,s because it doubles as a keypad

Really? 1200 dpi is hardly a gaming mouse.

bvbooks

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bvbooks

Now this is the type of thing I expect to see on Woot. Kudo's Wootstaff!

wootronic

wootronic wrote:So, could this be used as just a blue tooth keypad while using another mouse for mousing? Maybe it would be good for just keyboard shortcuts--I've been missing the extended keyboard on my mac.

iMac user on Amazon reports connection problems... Guess that answers my question...

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick

Does the calculator pass-through data to your computer (i.e. excel?). If it's only computing in the sandbox (on the mouse only) it's a very confusing product. If it passes the data entry to your computer, I'm in (need a numpad on my laptop).

wootronic

ericshmerick wrote:Does the calculator pass-through data to your computer (i.e. excel?). If it's only computing in the sandbox (on the mouse only) it's a very confusing product. If it passes the data entry to your computer, I'm in (need a numpad on my laptop).

According to the specs, it has two modes. Keypad mode is pass through, calculator mode is not.

molex

quality posts: 7 Private Messages molex

You know, sometimes an idea is so cool and also so obvious that you slap your head and think "Why didn't I come up with that!"

This is not one of those times.

I mean seriously? Maybe they could add a tiny screen to it so you can surf the web... while you surf the web! I'M A GENIUS!

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255
michael2255 wrote:

My first laptop in 1996 was made by Canon.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
molex wrote:You know, sometimes an idea is so cool and also so obvious that you slap your head and think "Why didn't I come up with that!"

This is not one of those times.

I mean seriously? Maybe they could add a tiny screen to it so you can surf the web... while you surf the web! I'M A GENIUS!

Slap a patent on that genius idea!

I'm just hanging out, really.

adrenaline3087

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrenaline3087

Makes doing online accounting homework that much easier!

randywhitlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randywhitlock

On the fence...I have been wanting a Bluetooth mouse for my MBP, but I was thinking of a tiny travel size one. But I hate the lack of a number pad too. This would seem to solve both problems.

On the connectivity issue: does anyone know if that is more prone to happen with Macs vs. PCs? Or maybe it's just a mouse battery issue?

libertybelle

quality posts: 7 Private Messages libertybelle
michael2255 wrote:My first laptop in 1996 was made by Canon.

Mine too! I had to take out the floppy drive if i wanted to use the CD rom drive and swap them in the machine!

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago
emcee2k wrote:You know computers have calculator programs, right?

I was thinking the same thing.
Also, USB has power so why does it need a battery. They should've designed it to just draw power from the USB.

EDIT: I just noticed that it's wireless so my above comment is stupid.

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

pooptydoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pooptydoo

these look neat. in for 2 as stocking stuffer type gifts. especially at this price. we have an electrical engineer in the family who works from home doing whatever he does. i figure numbers are involved, though. should get some good use out of this

rattierevolution

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rattierevolution
jpicasso wrote:
That said, I'm in for none, as I like using my calculator coffee mug instead.

5 mins into my google search, I realized the design work to fabricate a high-temperature calculator would probably not result in a coffee-calculator…

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
rattierevolution wrote:5 mins into my google search, I realized the design work to fabricate a high-temperature calculator would probably not result in a coffee-calculator…

lol. proud of you for admitting that took 5 minutes that you'll never get back. thanks for the chuckle...

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
haydesigner wrote:This is perhaps the most intriguing/befuddling thing I've ever seen on Woot.

stay around. it gets better...

charleyrose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charleyrose

So any chance this would work with an iPad? I saw one comment about using with a Galaxy Tab. I've Googled it but can't find any reference other than using with PC or MAC. If bluetooth keyboards work, which they obviously do, why wouldn't this?

thejester220

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejester220

Just when I thought I had seen everything... Woot goes and proves me wrong again.

I.. I just love you guys so much /tear.

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
wootronic wrote:So, could this be used as just a blue tooth keypad while using another mouse for mousing? Maybe it would be good for just keyboard shortcuts--I've been missing the extended keyboard on my mac.

I have not had problems with mine. As I stated earlier, it can be slow to reconnect after going to sleep. I have also been able to use a usb mouse at the same time. That is sometimes handy while working at the desk with a regular monitor. I can take this mouse and/or my BT keyboard over to the couch to watch netflix or my own media files on the HDTV hooked to the mac-mini over mini-dp port with HDMI adapter.

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
ericshmerick wrote:Does the calculator pass-through data to your computer (i.e. excel?). If it's only computing in the sandbox (on the mouse only) it's a very confusing product. If it passes the data entry to your computer, I'm in (need a numpad on my laptop).

Punch numbers on mousse keypad, hit enter button on mouse keypad and they are in your spreadsheet cell or document. You can also perform a calculation then press the send key on the mouse to get the result into your spreadsheet or document.

andrewsliu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewsliu

Just went to Fry's (Renton, WA) to see if they had it, and they have probably over 50 of each color. They are selling them for $7.99 each.

TheSevenSongs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheSevenSongs
thelastredeemer wrote:It would been a tad bit better if it was a wireless mouse with a dongle instead of a bluetooth mouse.

... that and priced at $10 shipping included.

I hate wireless mice with dongles. They are either too small, and get lost easily, or too big and stick way out the side of the computer.

Best to get bluetooth, and fix connection issues (in Windows), by unchecking "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" in the device manager. No dongles, just turn it on and go.

yozman wrote:Honestly the only reason I'm considering this is because it's bluetooth, I cannot find a decently (read: cheaply) priced bluetooth mouse.
The one thing I'm worried about is accidental math while surfing, are the keys stiff enough not to be pressed accidentally while I'm not trying to use them?

I can't seem to find the link, but a few days ago, woot was selling a motorola bluetooth mouse for $4.99. I used a coupon on it, and found that it fits my hand nicely, and serves it's purpose as a two button mouse with a wheel. I'm sure they will come around again soon.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
TheSevenSongs wrote:I can't seem to find the link, but a few days ago, woot was selling a motorola bluetooth mouse for $4.99. I used a coupon on it, and found that it fits my hand nicely, and serves it's purpose as a two button mouse with a wheel. I'm sure they will come around again soon.

You mean this one?

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!