zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090

now that's weird.

yaw4god_emt

quality posts: 16 Private Messages yaw4god_emt

> Requires computer equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology

I assume this means it doesn't come with a dongle-thingy that plugs into your USB port?

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. He's also postmaster and probably traffic cop, too. All the jobs for sports referees are probably filled, though." --Lemel Hebert-Williams

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Check it out:

Woot's goes Mobile! (Finally)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

i24u

quality posts: 15 Private Messages i24u

http://www.qvc.com/Canon-Bluetooth-Slim-Mouse-and-Calculator-with-Numeric-Keypad-andCarrying-Bag.product.E222556.html

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
ThunderThighs wrote:Check it out:

Woot's goes Mobile! (Finally)

Wootoffs will go faster now, I'm not sure if that's bad or good.

xSkoad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xSkoad

3 out of 5 at amazon and only $19 with prime, so $4 cheaper here.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-5565B001-Mouse-Computer-Calculator/dp/B005QB8YZ6

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

i24u

Cheaper at Qvc more too ship than QVC can probably return to QVC by Jan 31st and get your money back if it's crap. Not sure if they do that on clearance items though

ericgrassi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ericgrassi

I'm really trying to think of why this is an actual product, but I can't wrap my mind around how it's anything but completely redundant, and probably uncomfortable.

ThunderThighs

Staff

yaw4god_emt wrote:> Requires computer equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology

I assume this means it doesn't come with a dongle-thingy that plugs into your USB port?

That would be my understanding as well.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner

This is perhaps the most intriguing/befuddling thing I've ever seen on Woot.

i24u

Doesn't really say on QVC but looks like yeah you have until Jan 31 to return it. Sorry woot big fail

gnafuthegreat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gnafuthegreat

It's one thing that it's a mouse with a built-in calculator. That's weird enough. But since when does Canon make mice? Since when do they make calculators?

I initially read it as "Casio", because they have a long history of putting calculators into things.

Oh, am I on?

*ahem*

I got nothin'.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

I've always wanted to get one of these since it came out last year, but haven't found the perfect price until Woot finally came up with one!

But after reading the reviews of the above, it does kind of want me to turn away.

I do a lot of calculating every now and then (for my small business to manage stock and pricing) and I usually either use my iPhone calculator or desktop widget. I thought this would be perfect.. but I see some problems based on reviews.

Maybe I'll think it overnight to either buy it now or wait for Mark II if there will be one.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

magendaswede

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magendaswede

So, I am the first to comment that it takes 2 AA batteries, so 2 AAA batteries are included in the box. In case you need them for something else. (Hope you have AAs on hand.)

How do I know if my laptop has Bluetooth?

[MOD: The specs have been fixed. It takes 2 x AAA batteries, included]

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 30 Private Messages skispeakeasy

I really love this! I'm always losing my calculator on my desk. Not to mention that the price is the cost of a cheap calculator alone.

Done and done! ;)

joshobra

magendaswede wrote:So, I am the first to comment that it takes 2 AA batteries, so 2 AAA batteries are included in the box. In case you need them for something else. (Hope you have AAs on hand.)

How do I know if my laptop has Bluetooth?

Good point. According to official site, there are AAA Battery x 2 included in the box and that is what I assume the battery size is. Someone must've pushed the letter A one too many times.

Your computer has bluetooth if you have that bluetooth connectivity in the wireless menu I think (depending on OS). You can also google the model number of your computer and check the specs if it has bluetooth or not.

And on the side note, screw it. I'm buying it with a jumbowoot coupon I saved up. For ten bucks I free up a USB port and gained a calculator!

Now my next problem..

plasticpopcorn4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4

this will go great with my calcuwatch

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

This one just doesn't add up for me, count me out!

Seriously though, with Windows 8 we need some touch mice, not calc mice!

ThunderThighs

Staff

magendaswede wrote:So, I am the first to comment that it takes 2 AA batteries, so 2 AAA batteries are included in the box. In case you need them for something else. (Hope you have AAs on hand.)

That's just a booboo on our specs. It'll be fixed in a few minutes. It takes and comes with AAA batteries.

emcee2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emcee2k

You know computers have calculator programs, right?

burhanistan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages burhanistan

I got two of these at Fry's earlier this year for $8.99 each. Neither my wife or I enjoyed using it. The shape is wrong for a hand, and the calculator is crappy and the buttons squished together.

This is definitely two great tastes that don't go together.

farmerdan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages farmerdan

I have one of these and really like it. Suggest getting the white one because there is more contrast between the print on the keys and the white. Using it on an iMac.

ThunderThighs

Staff

emcee2k wrote:You know computers have calculator programs, right?

joshobra

farmerdan wrote:I have one of these and really like it. Suggest getting the white one because there is more contrast between the print on the keys and the white. Using it on an iMac.

Do you have connection problems like everyone else that reviewed it?

I'm using a Macbook late '09.

Speaking of white... do you have any dirt problems with it? I'm pretty sure I could get the scroll wheel to change colors in a month or so. I do a lot of scrolling..

farmerdan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages farmerdan

Never have had a problem. Sometimes waking from sleep it will take a few seconds but I cannot recall ever not having it connect.
Have been using it for close to a year now.

joshobra wrote:Do you have connection problems like everyone else that reviewed it?

I'm using a Macbook late '09.

Speaking of white... do you have any dirt problems with it? I'm pretty sure I could get the scroll wheel to change colors in a month or so. I do a lot of scrolling..

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is a HD unboxing video and comparison to Magic Mouse

taxwizard

quality posts: 8 Private Messages taxwizard

Could be handy to throw into your laptop bag when traveling on business...

joshobra

farmerdan wrote:Never have had a problem. Sometimes waking from sleep it will take a few seconds but I cannot recall ever not having it connect.
Have been using it for close to a year now.

Thanks for the info. So you wake it up just by moving or clicking the mouse?

CowboyDann wrote:
Here is a HD unboxing video and comparison to Magic Mouse

Glad to see it's a little thicker than the magic mouse (which is so un-ergonomic to me), at least this mouse might have a chance of being ergonomic to my hands. I'm about to put my nearly ten year old mouse to rest. Shhhh....

Still debating wether or not I want black or white color though.

Hey TT, can you check the sales for me and see which color was bought the most?

Update: I take back what I posted earlier as evident that engadget had a quick look on this in 2010. I have seen this TWO years ago. My, time sure flies.

Boxymoron

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Boxymoron

Just an initial reaction is that this item seems rather... cool. The problem is taking this mouse any seriously than a cheap novelty item you'd give someone as a 'thanks for staying with our company for 2 years' thing.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Seems like this would be great for people with laptops that don't have a numpad, especially if you also don't like touchpads. Once you look at it from that perspective, it's the calculator that is the "bonus" feature. If it's for small/portable machines, and it's got all the keys, why not give it an lcd and let travelers use it for simple math instead of dragging out the laptop.

thelastredeemer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelastredeemer

It would been a tad bit better if it was a wireless mouse with a dongle instead of a bluetooth mouse.

... that and priced at $10 shipping included.

leevijeans

quality posts: 2 Private Messages leevijeans

This would seem to make sense since I do a lot of simple arithmetic while I'm doing various accounting-related things, and I get kind of impatient having to click buttons with a calculator application when I can't find my 1995 TI-83 (call me old school).

But... how do I use the mouse AND read what I just calculated at the same time? Or refrain from pushing stuff while using the mouse after I've calculated something?

Damn. Got excited for nothing.

yozman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yozman
thelastredeemer wrote:It would been a tad bit better if it was a wireless mouse with a dongle instead of a bluetooth mouse.

... that and priced at $10 shipping included.

Honestly the only reason I'm considering this is because it's bluetooth, I cannot find a decently (read: cheaply) priced bluetooth mouse.
The one thing I'm worried about is accidental math while surfing, are the keys stiff enough not to be pressed accidentally while I'm not trying to use them?

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

If it had a built in bottle opener I would be in for 3.

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

The $80 retail price.. huh.. wonder how that was determined

joshobra

honeybadger12 wrote:The $80 retail price.. huh.. wonder how that was determined

I'm having way too much fun, aren't I?

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
xochiluvr wrote:Seems like this would be great for people with laptops that don't have a numpad, especially if you also don't like touchpads. Once you look at it from that perspective, it's the calculator that is the "bonus" feature. If it's for small/portable machines, and it's got all the keys, why not give it an lcd and let travelers use it for simple math instead of dragging out the laptop.

I have one of these. Your comments are spot on except that it DOES have an LCD display. As for the comments about having a calculator app or program on your, that is also true. However, it usually takes a couple of mouse clicks to open that. With the calcumouse, you can just do a quick entry and you're done. I got mine at Fry's last year for 7.99. I wish I had bought more. The last time I checked there, they were running about $15, and I hesitated to buy. This offering would be basically the same price considering shipping if you only buy one. It does look like Fry's has them for 7.99 online right now, but they are backordered for online orders http://www.frys.com/product/7088181. You might be able to find one in a store near you. However, there are few Fry's stores for many if us around the country. You would also have to spend timie and gas to get there and back.

I use this with a mac mini that has the apple wireless keyboard with no numeric keypad on the side. This is a perfect complement. We dual boot the system with Windows 7 Pro 64. There is a switch on the bottom to select between windows (pc), off or mac.

On the keypad, there is a Cal/KP button that changes the way it works for input on your computer. In one mode (KP), if you punch a number button, it goes directly to the computer. In the other mode (CAL), the entries stay local on the calculator screen. However, the cool part is that you can press the Send button to send the value to the computer. This is handy in some spreadsheets if you need to add a number to a cell without using a formula.

This mouse is bluetooth only. NOt sure why the commenter above feels it would be better with a wireless dongle. Using the bluetoothe feature frees up a USB port. That is a positive in my book. I suppose it would be cool for non-bluetooth users to have a plain wireless (2.4) with an included dongle. However, I don;t think Canon or anyine else makes one. Bluetooth dongles are relatively cheap and if your computer doesnt have BT bult in, you might as well get a BT dongle to benefit from BT's other features like pairing your phone for contact updates, listening to music, etc.

Mine does not respond as fast a the old MS wireless mouse we used to have. It does take a few seconds to reconnect after it or the computer goes to sleep. I find I have to push a button rather than wiggle it like you do with a conventional mouse to wake the computer.

Overall, I am very happy with my Canon BT calcumouse. I am contemplating purchasing one or two more. If I could somehow get a jumbowoot coupon, I would likely be all over it.

jwsmed

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
yozman wrote:Honestly the only reason I'm considering this is because it's bluetooth, I cannot find a decently (read: cheaply) priced bluetooth mouse.
The one thing I'm worried about is accidental math while surfing, are the keys stiff enough not to be pressed accidentally while I'm not trying to use them?

I have not generally had that problem. Occasionally, with a heavy hand, I have accidentally entered a number or too, but the keys are fairly stiff.

I have more problems with laptop touchpads and accidentally moving my cursor with a finger or palm brush than with accidentally entering a number with this thing.

When using for 10-key entry the keys are small and I am not as fast as with a full-size keyboard number keypad. But for laptops or my wireless mac keyboard, it is a godsend.