iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf
bhaschalk wrote:I don't have this model, but did want to put out some important info for anyone looking to get this, or any model that comes with wireless subwoofer(s).

I bought the "Boston Acoustics Soundbar Speaker with Wireless Subwoofer TVee Model 25" a few weeks ago and barring a small random popping from one of the bars speaker once in a while, it sounds awesome.

BUT! Be aware, if you aren't already, that the transmission frequency of the wireless is 2.4Ghz, which is the same as your router (802.11). I stream movies through my xbox 360 all the time, and the minute I turned on the subwoofer, my movies started freezing and buffering constantly, and there's nothing more annoying than this.

After trying everything everyone in the universe suggests (switching to another channel on the router, switching to another channel on the subwoofer, moving the subwoofer, moving the router etc.) nothing was a perfect solution, and I still had buffering issues.

Out of anger and frustration I shot from the hip and figured I'd buy a fancy shmancy new router and throw some power at it and bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wireless-Router-Gigabit-WNDR4500/dp/B005KG44V0/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350310649&sr=1-4&keywords=netgear+dual+band+router

Well it helped, but I got extremely lucky on the purchase, a dual band router transmits on two frequencies, 2.4 and 5, AND I already owned the dual band wireless N adapter for the xbox. While the beefy new 2.4 helped some, when I switched the xbox to look at the 5.0, voila, not a problem since the day. You can get dual band routers cheaper, but I have 4 kids and way too many devices, so it worked for me.

Hope this helps someone!

I have to do the same thing. I actually had it working through the summer but now that it's getting colder, it appears the sound bar is interfering with the HTPC and NAS again. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible.

molex

quality posts: 7 Private Messages molex
thedevin wrote:There is no more annoying creature than the audiophile Wooter

The tech-wannabe who spends his days monitoring the site for iphone speakers so they can jump in instantly with "but it doesn't work with iphone 5, apple sheeple blah blah blah" is a close second!

drivet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drivet
thedevin wrote:There is no more annoying creature than the audiophile Wooter expressing his angsty contempt that this $70 speaker set pales in comparison to his $600 setup.

Here is a good rule of thumb: If your TV cost less than $500, this will be a meaningful upgrade. If your TV cost more than $500, then quit being so cheap and buy some nice speakers for it.

This is all you need to know about Woot and anything audio related.

JussaIrish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JussaIrish

@ SAMUS

Are you the type of person to troll KIA dealerships to talk people into purchasing a Mercedes-Benz?

alecialene

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alecialene
Samus wrote:The only soundbar you should be considering is the Polk IHT 6000. If you don't have the space, consider the IHT 4000 which is shorter in width but has two less speakers in the bar (dropping the total wattage.)

If you don't have at least $400 to spend, save your money, because anything under $400 will be mildly, if any, better than your built-in speakers.

Read AVSFORUMS, HOME THEATER MAGAZINE, etc, and you'll see my recommendations are correct. The IHT 6000 is the best soundbar in its price range (that being $300-$600)

Unless your goal is simply to be able to hear your television over your washer and dryer when they are in operation. Then $400 is a bit on the overkill route.

dgaulait

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgaulait
Samus wrote:It's not "high strung" but simple cost and effect.

Most sound bars have no effect and they're not free, making them worthless. My Samsung TV has lower THD than 90% of the soundbars on the market under $200. Sure, a sound bar adds slightly more volume (very slightly in the case of this 30w) and some worthless boom, but hey, there's a very simple reason you have $100 and $450 products that may appear very similar. The $100 ones have the same stuff thats in your TV, and the $450 ones don't.

Haters gonna hate. I found these posts informative.

alfredpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredpost

Be warned, No DD or DTS support.

Main unit
SURR on the front panel blinks continuously.
• Your SoundBar does not support Dolby or
DTS encoded audio. Make sure that you
change the audio output of the TV or device
to 'Standard' or 'PCM'

russwjohns

quality posts: 16 Private Messages russwjohns
ksheeha1 wrote:I am thinking about this one to use outdoors to compete with my neighbors Rap music. I think they should enjoy my Barry Manilow.

Arrrggh! I think the very thought of this is causing my ears to bleed. No good will come from this! It will only result in them turning up the thundering bass boom boom boom. Any other Barry would be deemed less offensive. ;^)

Samus

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Samus
JussaIrish wrote:@ SAMUS

Are you the type of person to troll KIA dealerships to talk people into purchasing a Mercedes-Benz?

No, I talk people into purchasing a Ford.

silint

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silint

Good deal, but ending that last sentence of the description with a preposition makes me ravenously angry.

alfredpost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alfredpost

why do I get the feeling there are a lot of comments here from bored woot staff???

baldwindp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baldwindp

What junk! Not much of a refurb. Shipped with noremote, no power cable, no manual. Where do I return it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

baldwindp wrote:What junk! Not much of a refurb. Shipped with noremote, no power cable, no manual. Where do I return it?

Yikes, sorry about the problems. Customer service can help you.

To contact customer service, click on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email service@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in 24-48 business hours.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jinwoolee92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinwoolee92

I was expecting alot better from a refurb. The item looks like someone on craigslist packed the stuff in a box. Mine as well did not include a remote, power cord, and manual.

JohnB_3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnB_3

I too have received shipment less one battery for the remote and without the Users Manual. I've already written Support. Can you tell me what the battery size is? Or is Support going to take a week or two to get me one?

sounders222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sounders222

What crap. Mine didn't come with remote, power cord, manual, or really anything but dead weight. Time to call the cops... or BBB.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

sounders222 wrote:What crap. Mine didn't come with remote, power cord, manual, or really anything but dead weight. Time to call the cops... or BBB.

We're sorry to hear that you order didn't come with the proper accessories. We recommend that you contact Philips Support Page to see if they can ship you the missing pieces.

If they don't provide assistance, please feel free to contact Member Services either clicking the Woot Support Page at the top of each Woot sale page or emailing into service@woot.com

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

jinwoolee92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jinwoolee92
ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear that you order didn't come with the proper accessories. We recommend that you contact Philips Support Page to see if they can ship you the missing pieces.

If they don't provide assistance, please feel free to contact Member Services either clicking the Woot Support Page at the top of each Woot sale page or emailing into service@woot.com

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I dont get why we would have to contact phillips to receive our missing items?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jinwoolee92 wrote:I dont get why we would have to contact phillips to receive our missing items?

We don't carry the parts for all the items we sell. The manufacturer should have them available to send out to you. It's a faster option than an RMA.

However, if you run into any problems with Philips, contact Woot Customer Service.

To contact customer service, click on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email service@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in 24-48 business hours.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dpk99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dpk99

First (and probably last) woot order for me. I received my order today and the first problem is that the package appeared to be packed by a 5 year old. Most of the top was opened and the box looked like it had gone through a few cycles in a dryer. Second, as already pointed out, my order also did not include the remote, cables and manual. How could someone screw it up THAT badly? I could see forgetting to include one thing in the box, but this is ridiculous. Now it appears that I should contact the manufacture for those replacement parts, and the contact info isn't even provided! What the heck? How about the Woot customer service team take care of this for me and have these missing items shipped within a reasonable amount of time. If if am going to spend more money on items offered by Woot, this should be taken care of soon.

Update: I called and spoke with Phillips customer support, gave them the model and serial # and they are sending out the power cord and remote that were missing. However, it will take 7-9 business days to ship via UPS, which is in addition to the 8 business days it took to receive the package from Woot, for a total of 21-23 days overall including weekends. I am still rather annoyed, but at least the situation is being taken care off. Probably would not purchase again from Woot because of the slow shipping, problematic packaging and missing accessories.

teameskimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teameskimo
JohnB_3 wrote:I too have received shipment less one battery for the remote and without the Users Manual. I've already written Support. Can you tell me what the battery size is? Or is Support going to take a week or two to get me one?

It takes a CR 2025 battery. You can also find the manuals at the Philips site, here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?hlt=Link_Overview&scy=US&slg=AEN&session=20121026013026_24.92.57.7&ctn=CSS2123/F7&list=aa12_list_partial.html

teameskimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teameskimo

Mine also looked to be packed by the refurb department manager's kids, and came with no battery for the remote or owner's manual. Once we downloaded a manual and got the correct battery size, it powered right up and works great!

Very impressed so far. Much better sound then my 2" thick TV's speakers, and the subwoofer adds the right amount of bass (which was sorely lacking before). Mind you, I don't have a surround sound system, and am definitely NOT an puppet master (why does woot turn the word a-u-d-i-ophile into "puppet master"?), but our family loves the improvement this little gizmo has made.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

teameskimo wrote:Mine also looked to be packed by the refurb department manager's kids, and came with no battery for the remote or owner's manual. Once we downloaded a manual and got the correct battery size, it powered right up and works great!

Very impressed so far. Much better sound then my 2" thick TV's speakers, and the subwoofer adds the right amount of bass (which was sorely lacking before). Mind you, I don't have a surround sound system, and am definitely NOT an audiophile (why does woot turn the word a-u-d-i-ophile into "puppet master"?), but our family loves the improvement this little gizmo has made.

Sorry for the late reply.
If you're concerned with getting the missing accessories, please feel free to email us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

sounders222

ROGETRAY wrote:We're sorry to hear that you order didn't come with the proper accessories. We recommend that you contact Philips Support Page to see if they can ship you the missing pieces.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Seriously? No actual assistance? This is a crime.

sounders222

What the hell! no contact from woot staff and now I have to call philips? Very crummy customer service. email me, woot!

mgquinla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgquinla
dpk99 wrote:First (and probably last) woot order for me. I received my order today and the first problem is that the package appeared to be packed by a 5 year old. Most of the top was opened and the box looked like it had gone through a few cycles in a dryer. Second, as already pointed out, my order also did not include the remote, cables and manual. How could someone screw it up THAT badly? I could see forgetting to include one thing in the box, but this is ridiculous. Now it appears that I should contact the manufacture for those replacement parts, and the contact info isn't even provided! What the heck? How about the Woot customer service team take care of this for me and have these missing items shipped within a reasonable amount of time. If if am going to spend more money on items offered by Woot, this should be taken care of soon.

Update: I called and spoke with Phillips customer support, gave them the model and serial # and they are sending out the power cord and remote that were missing. However, it will take 7-9 business days to ship via UPS, which is in addition to the 8 business days it took to receive the package from Woot, for a total of 21-23 days overall including weekends. I am still rather annoyed, but at least the situation is being taken care off. Probably would not purchase again from Woot because of the slow shipping, problematic packaging and missing accessories.

I had the same issues, what a bunch of crap. I even bought a battery for the remote and it still doesnt work

Mark Quinlan

blaculadave

quality posts: 18 Private Messages blaculadave

Staff

sounders222 wrote:What the hell! no contact from woot staff and now I have to call philips? Very crummy customer service. email me, woot!

Sorry for the delay. It looks like your issue is currently being researched.

You should receive an email from the representative handling your case tomorrow with a status update.