0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

These things are getting better, but I wonder by how much.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

While there were a few shortcomings such as it having no zoom and rainbow artifacts being visible in video, Projector Central otherwise rated it very high in their review giving it a perfect 5 out of 5 in value and easy of use.

JCMason

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JCMason

This is not that great of a price for a refurb LED 720p projector. A new BenQ GP2 (LED 720p and i-dock connector) has been as low as $400 to $450 brand new. Used or refurbs tend to go below $400. Same goes for the Vivitek Qumi Q2. Can be had for not much more new and a lot less as a refurb or used.

brandonmiles89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brandonmiles89

I have one of these in my living room. 120 inches... Its amazing. Dont get me wrong if you want to spend thousands on a projector there is better quality out there. But I am able to watch in my well lit room with no problem and we have a huge window shining on the screen... We use this as a Tv replacement most of the time and you really cant beat it for the price...

radi0j0hn wrote:These things are getting better, but I wonder by how much.

atdave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atdave

Yeah not a smokin' deal, but this projector is a little brighter than those (500 lumen vs. 200/300).

Better to compare with the Viewsonic PLED-W500, Acer K330 and NEC L50W, which are all clones of this device.

JCMason wrote:This is not that great of a price for a refurb LED 720p projector. A new BenQ GP2 (LED 720p and i-dock connector) has been as low as $400 to $450 brand new. Used or refurbs tend to go below $400. Same goes for the Vivitek Qumi Q2. Can be had for not much more new and a lot less as a refurb or used.

theguruguys

JCMason wrote:This is not that great of a price for a refurb LED 720p projector. A new BenQ GP2 (LED 720p and i-dock connector) has been as low as $400 to $450 brand new. Used or refurbs tend to go below $400. Same goes for the Vivitek Qumi Q2. Can be had for not much more new and a lot less as a refurb or used.

This is not the same type of projector as the BenQ GP2. This one is catered more towards business use, data projection. It is twice as bright (measured ANSI lumens according to projector central) and has built in data viewing capabilites via SD card (jpg, pdf, powerpoint, excel, word) and more.

boydie1122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boydie1122
atdave wrote:Yeah not a smokin' deal, but this projector is a little brighter than those (500 lumen vs. 200/300).

Better to compare with the Viewsonic PLED-W500, Acer K330 and NEC L50W, which are all clones of this device.

No Audio Out!

Even the Pk301 I bought on Woot had Audio out. With the tiny onboard speaker as the only audio option, this is a deal killer. Also the price is high.

leambooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leambooth
boydie1122 wrote:No Audio Out!

Even the Pk301 I bought on Woot had Audio out. With the tiny onboard speaker as the only audio option, this is a deal killer. Also the price is high.

HDMI carries audio.

~lea

leambooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leambooth
leambooth wrote:HDMI carries audio.

Ohp, I'm dumb. Good thing I figured it out myself, so no need to get your panties all in a wad, if you were going to.

~lea

atdave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atdave

He means the projector itself has not audio output jack, so as a "home theater in a box", it might disappoint. But there are plenty of ways to pipe the sound elsewhere in a more permanent setup. PC, PS3 and XBOX360 can all send audio through optical rather than HDMI.

I bought one a while back and couldn't be happier. It's still the only projector (along with its 3 clones) that fits all of these conditions:

HD
LED
Reasonably bright
Cheap

boydie1122 wrote:No Audio Out!

opadillawoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opadillawoot

GET ONE!!! i have this projector and no complaints!!! except for no audio out, but i use a sound system.. so no problem there. This thing is amazing, and it the size of a college textbook and really light. image quality is great. Look for videos on utube

jimsinkorea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea

How long will the LED work before having to replace it? I had a projector before but having to change out the bulb every year made it expensive.

Nevermind, should have read the specs 1st...

mevande

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mevande

I am still using an Infocus 7210 on a 100 screen and the picture still rocks! It was one of the first to use the DC3 (Dark Chip 3) from Texas Instruments.

Faroudja processing identifies film-based material and displays it at the same refresh rate as movie theater projectors (48 frames/second). This eliminates image stuttering that is sometimes visible as flicker.

Friends think it is 1080p when fed an HDTV source and are surprised when I tell them it 720P. It all in the optics and processors .

I know my system is 'dated'. I get approx 2500 hours per bulb and have found a supplier who sells the OEm bulb for 56.00.(equivalent to running it for 110 days straight which of course I don't do). I have an Infocus 100 inch drop down screen.

I have yet to see a projector the renders DVD's as well as this projector.

I will have to spring for a newer model/technology projector one of these days. but have not seen one yet that beats this. This had a list price if 6,000 when it came out.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn
mevande wrote:I am still using an Infocus 7210 on a 100 screen and the picture still rocks! It was one of the first to use the DC3 (Dark Chip 3) from Texas Instruments.

Faroudja processing identifies film-based material and displays it at the same refresh rate as movie theater projectors (48 frames/second). This eliminates image stuttering that is sometimes visible as flicker.

Friends think it is 1080p when fed an HDTV source and are surprised when I tell them it 720P. It all in the optics and processors .

I know my system is 'dated'. I get approx 2500 hours per bulb and have found a supplier who sells the OEm bulb for 56.00.(equivalent to running it for 110 days straight which of course I don't do). I have an Infocus 100 inch drop down screen.

I have yet to see a projector the renders DVD's as well as this projector.

I will have to spring for a newer model/technology projector one of these days. but have not seen one yet that beats this. This had a list price if 6,000 when it came out.

WHO is the supplier? I work for a non-profit that shows a lot of intro movies and the $325 bulb just died. Looking for a decent OEM replacement.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

dougbettspilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougbettspilot
leambooth wrote:HDMI carries audio.

Are you sure you can access audio out using the HDMI port? That port is probably just for supplying HDMI input to the projector. I want to play AVI & MOV video from SD card inserted into this projector and have audio output to large speakers and am pretty sure this device won't do that. If you have proved it, I need to know.
Thanks

admrgd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages admrgd
JCMason wrote:This is not that great of a price for a refurb LED 720p projector...

I agree, refurb should be less, I got a new one from Amazon for about 500. It is a nice unit, seems brighter than 500 lumen and the keystone correction works great when shooting HD video on the ceiling of a bedroom.

noregretx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noregretx

Does this have display lag? For instance if I was playing XBox on it, would there be a delay between my actions and what's actually showing up? Thanks.

stunna735

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stunna735

Just what Woot needed. More Optoma projectors.

theguruguys

stunna735 wrote:Just what Woot needed. More Optoma projectors.

At least Optoma is well known for being a great bang for the buck brand (Unlike say, Dyson). Optoma has continually driven down the prices of projectors by breaking price barriers with new technology per price/performance. They were the first to make a really good below $1000 720p Home Theater Projector then did the same with 1080p sub $2k and 1080p with built in 3D.

brainstormx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brainstormx

I bought an Optoma PK 301 about two years ago. The HDMI port stopped working just out of warranty. Technical support said this had happened with other units and that it cost more to fix than to replace. Now the rest of the projector has given up the ghost (it constantly reboots even when plugged into AC).

Despite that, I bought one of the ML500's and can't wait for it to get here. If the PK301's picture was great at 50 lumens, I can't wait to see 500 lumens.

I will use this both for business and for watching television and videos. I wanted a very portable unit that had multiple inputs and enough power to see with some ambient light.

dtoohey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtoohey

was it supposed to come with a remoter control?

update: dear woot staff - - good news - i'm an slow thinking dullard- the remote and vga cable were in the pouch of the storage case

and word to the wise for my fellow woot dullards: you have to pull out the plastic tab on the remote for it to work. companies put in a plastic barrier to keep the battery from draining before you're ready to use it.

took me four tries to get an adjective past the woot big brother word checker suck my fat Chicken Boo you burlap chafes me so lickers

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dtoohey wrote:was it supposed to come with a remoter control?

According to the specifications: YES. We're sorry to hear that your order didn't have a remote control.

We recommend that you contact Optoma Support to have them ship you one.
If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dtoohey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtoohey
ROGETRAY wrote:According to the specifications: YES. We're sorry to hear that your order didn't have a remote control.

We recommend that you contact Optoma Support to have them ship you one.
If they're unable to help you, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com and we'll be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dear woot staff - i'm glad i caught you in a rare moment of sobriety - good news - i'm an Pinky - the remote and vga cable were in the pouch of the storage case

and word to the wise for my fellow woot Wakkos: you have to pull out the plastic tab on the remote for it to work. companies put in a plastic barrier to keep the battery from draining before you're ready to use it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dtoohey wrote:dear woot staff - i'm glad i caught you in a rare moment of sobriety - good news - i'm an Pinky - the remote and vga cable were in the pouch of the storage case

and word to the wise for my fellow woot Wakkos: you have to pull out the plastic tab on the remote for it to work. companies put in a plastic barrier to keep the battery from draining before you're ready to use it.

We're glad you found it

I'm just hanging out, really.

eswarnock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eswarnock

I just received my projector and hooked up a hdmi cable from my sat box. I get sound but the projector light doesn't come on. All of the controls are dependent on navigating through the menu that requires a picture. Am I missing something or is this doa? Tech support is only open mon-fri.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

eswarnock wrote:I just received my projector and hooked up a hdmi cable from my sat box. I get sound but the projector light doesn't come on. All of the controls are dependent on navigating through the menu that requires a picture. Am I missing something or is this doa? Tech support is only open mon-fri.

Sorry to hear you received a DOA unit. Please email into service@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff