3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jaf323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaf323

DECT the halls with phones from woo -oot..

fa la la la la, la la la la

mattatsiuc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mattatsiuc

Picked these up at the last woot-off (thankfully, same price) and they are PERFECT. Absolutely no problem using them in a large 3-floor house (base is on the first floor).

I read complaints about the ECO mode (i.e., weak signal) but have had no problems with it. My only minor gripes are the volume control is buried in the settings, and the base doesn't have a call counter.

kmdmg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmdmg

These phones are great. I paid full retail on ours nearly two years ago. This price is fantastic. Additional handsets are easy to add on as well. I would recommend!

lignit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lignit

If you buy 2 sets of these, can you use the spare handsets so have 5 total working?

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2

Does anyone know how often the battery needs to be changed in the handsets? My older Panasonic needed the battery replaced about once a year.

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

With the caller ID, after you answer the phone and are talking, what shows on the display - the incoming number or something else?

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

I really like Panasonic phones and have had several (change only due to technology advance, nothing wrong with the sets). But more recently you really have to know what you're getting as the quality ranges now from mediocre to excellent but without any overt marketing to tell them from each other.

I'm tempted on this set as the price is so low and they are DECT 6.0 Plus, but the Amazon reviews are neutral. Most cite the paint job on the body and numbers on the keypad as wearing out too quickly. Also apparently no earphone connection but that isn't a big deal to me. I'm thinking for something that will last me a while, I'm better off spending $30-50 more and getting a real quality phone set...still from Panasonic though.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG4023N-Expandable-Answering-Champagne/dp/B0036RBGUC

suebee123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suebee123

I used to have these phones and now i want to buy them as a gift--i forget if the have "talking" caller ID. Does anyone know?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

We have these phones at the office. No issues with range, but the biggest selling point was this one:

Standard rechargeable AAA batteries.

As for expansion, so long as it's the same model family, they'll work. The settings to do so are in the menu.

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf

I have a set of these hooked to my Ooma Telo VoIP device. When there is a voicemail, the handset screen says so with a message. You then dial your own number to hear the voicemail. I put my number in speed dial for this.

s2myers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s2myers

The ringtones on these are annoying. They should have stuck with the basics. Sounds like a cheap children's story.

dwbracken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwbracken

Do the handsets have jacks for headsets?

tapoutnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tapoutnc
mattatsiuc wrote:Picked these up at the last woot-off (thankfully, same price) and they are PERFECT. Absolutely no problem using them in a large 3-floor house (base is on the first floor).

I read complaints about the ECO mode (i.e., weak signal) but have had no problems with it. My only minor gripes are the volume control is buried in the settings, and the base doesn't have a call counter.

What is a call counter? Caller ID? Also specs say no silent mode... does this mean I cannot turn the ringer off?

shijusn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shijusn

Does this support 240 volt?

DarthVukster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarthVukster

I have had a Panasonic DECT 5-phone system for a couple years that works great. Good reception and good battery life. One complaint...two of the handsets' screens died. The phones work fine, just no display. When I contacted Panasonic about repairing them, the cost was going to be as much as the whole set when I bought them.

I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Izzy1968

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Izzy1968

I always use Panasonic phones in my house because of the 2 exclusive features that Panasonic has on their phones that other phones don't have, Call Blocking and Talking Caller ID. Unfortunately, this set has neither of these features. But hey, for 30 bucks...you can't go wrong I suppose.

caffeine_dude

quality posts: 13 Private Messages caffeine_dude

How many messages can be left on the answering machine? How many minutes will the answering machine hold? Can you limit the individual messages?

Thanks in advance!

Please don't delete this post, I am trying, honest!

guppeeh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guppeeh1

If they have bluetooth, I would consider this a hot deal. On a good day, you can get a new 2 x handset DECT+Bluetooth+answer machine for the same price.

If you only have VOIP at home, being able to make calls via your handset thru your cellular service is very handy as a backup. Speaking from experience here.

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth
dwbracken wrote:Do the handsets have jacks for headsets?

From the specs:
Headset Jack: No

Deal killer for me. Speakerphone is not a substitute!

kmc207

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmc207

Does anyone know if the keypad is lighted?

havoctex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages havoctex

Are you able to use them on speaker phone while in the charging dock? Sometimes I have very long conference calls and my current phone does not allow this.
Thanks in advance.

kcmark

quality posts: 25 Private Messages kcmark

Here is the link to the owner's manual on Panasonic's website.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/KX-TG4023N?t=manuals

3.6/5 stars on Panasonic's website
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/KX-TG4023N?t=reviews#BVRRWidgetID

NOTE: Several reviewers commented about the phones beeping as if the battery is almost dead if you are too close to electronic equipment and that this occurs even with a fully charged battery. Not sure if this beeping prevents use or is just annoying.

tmdowling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmdowling
bnbsouthworth wrote:From the specs:
Headset Jack: No

Deal killer for me. Speakerphone is not a substitute!

I agree -- want either a headset jack or bluetooth to earphone. Anyone know if ANY landline phones have the headset jacks any more?

zeenathaf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeenathaf
shijusn wrote:Does this support 240 volt?

nope. checked the manual here (http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXTG4011-MUL.PDF)

page 9 has this:

Power source:
120 V AC, 60 Hz

till now, i have not yet found a cordless phone that has an adapter that is 240v

diane261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diane261
tmdowling wrote:I agree -- want either a headset jack or bluetooth to earphone. Anyone know if ANY landline phones have the headset jacks any more?

My Panasonic phones have a headset jack, they are not very old

diane261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diane261
diane261 wrote:My Panasonic phones have a headset jack, they are not very old

But, found comment on amazon for this model " However, after receiving the phone I found that in fact it doesn't support have a headset jack, but after researching on Panasonic website I found that the next model up, i.e. KX-TG4032 for a whopping $1 more does have headset jack + a couple other handy features. For the extra $1 I'd suggest the KX-TG4032

scubalab

quality posts: 9 Private Messages scubalab

Anyone know if you can pick up multiple handsets on the same call? Our current landline cordless phones do NOT allow this and it's so annoying when the kids both want to talk to the grandparents at the same time. It's also a ROYAL pain in the tailside when someone answers a call downstairs, and you can't pick up another handset upstairs without the first person going through a complicated sequence of menus to 'transfer' the call to another handset! I HATE our current phones specifically because of this!

Thanks (in advance) for the help!

RetiredGuru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RetiredGuru
kmc207 wrote:Does anyone know if the keypad is lighted?

Specs:
Backlit Keypad: No

Do you people not read the info provided?

lilyphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilyphoenix

I am also going to hold out for the Link-to-Cell feature. I will say that the guy from our phone/internet company recommended these rather than putting extra phone jacks.

guppeeh1 wrote:If they have bluetooth, I would consider this a hot deal. On a good day, you can get a new 2 x handset DECT+Bluetooth+answer machine for the same price.

If you only have VOIP at home, being able to make calls via your handset thru your cellular service is very handy as a backup. Speaking from experience here.

neilolmstead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neilolmstead

No do not disturb/ silent mode. This should be standard on all phones

Lbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lbug

I already have a Panasonic KX-TG4034 (4-handset phone with answering machine). It works great having the base in the loft, and using a handset two stories below.

Does anyone know if I could use the handsets from this system with my existing system? They look almost the same except for the labels on the top three buttons (my handsets have the buttons but they're blank).

lukep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukep
diane261 wrote:But, found comment on amazon for this model " However, after receiving the phone I found that in fact it doesn't support have a headset jack, but after researching on Panasonic website I found that the next model up, i.e. KX-TG4032 for a whopping $1 more does have headset jack + a couple other handy features. For the extra $1 I'd suggest the KX-TG4032

$1 more than $30 for KX-TG4032? I suspect you're saying the delta is $1 for Amazon's price on both (?)

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers

For those that already have these phones.....

I have looked and looked through the specs.

Can you turn off the just the receive messages? I need to have our greeting and information but I shiver me timbers! people leaving messages I feel obligated to reply to.

Right now, so no one leaves a message on the old Panasonics we have now, I have to leave the "inbox full"

gwbaker

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gwbaker
lignit wrote:If you buy 2 sets of these, can you use the spare handsets so have 5 total working?

I wondered the exact same thing when I first found this. Been in the market to replace my 4 handset unit. Based on what I have read, it you can buy two and use the handsets with one unit. There is no definative answer, but the expansion handsets are the same model number as the handsets that come with the phone. And, according to the liturature you can have up to six handsets per base.

I am in for two.

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin

Possible stupid question, but do all need a phone jack, or just the base? We only have one working jack in our place at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT

According to Ricardo R at Panasonic, it is just the base unit that needs to be wired.

May I nominate myself for a quality post? :-)

chhunak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chhunak
speedogirl2 wrote:Does anyone know how often the battery needs to be changed in the handsets? My older Panasonic needed the battery replaced about once a year.

I love these since you can just use standard AAA NiMH batteries which costs around $1-$2 a piece.

I have exact same set I paid $60 and had no issue so far.

Chucky2012

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mattdocmartin wrote:Possible stupid question, but do all need a phone jack, or just the base? We only have one working jack in our place at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT

According to Ricardo R at Panasonic, it is just the base unit that needs to be wired.

May I nominate myself for a quality post? :-)

No, but since you checked with Panasonic, that's a bit above and beyond and I'd call it quality. ;)

I'm just hanging out, really.

mattdocmartin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattdocmartin
inkycatz wrote:No, but since you checked with Panasonic, that's a bit above and beyond and I'd call it quality. ;)

YEAH!!!!

I am doing a touchdown dance now. Or having a seizure. Either way, I am in motion!

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86
shijusn wrote:Does this support 240 volt?

Not officially. However, it will work anyway. I have exactly the same set bought from Amazon and so 3 more sets Panasonic of different models also bought from Amazon. A total of 15 handsets and all comes with 120V adapter. I am using them both in Singapore and Indonesia without any problems and without stepdown transformer. These countries run on 220V or 230V.