4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

NewspaperCrane

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NewspaperCrane

Got one of these last time. Seems alright, paired with my phone alright.

Trying to figure out why I need a mouse with my phone that has a touch screen took a lot longer than pairing it.

FYI it doesn't come with a bluetooth adapter, but you probably already knew that.

I miss me some wootTV.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

I also got one of these last time. I use it daily on my HP Touchpad running ICS 4.0 without any problems. I also pair with a bluetooth keyboard at the same time.

Several people did have complaints about losing the pairing, or the pairing taking an especially long time. Also, issues with XP that I'm not sure were ever resolved.

Previous thread discussion here:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5142899

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Really?

The picture here is of a mouse that was not reassembled correctly when the batteries were installed; the two buttons should be at the same height at rest, and the picture here clearly shows the right button higher than the left button.

Also, I bought two of these mice, and I found both to be unusable. Every so often, it would just die; nothing would register on the computer. Then, after about 10 seconds, it would just start working again.

If you take a look at the discussion of the previous offering, you will see that many people suffered from this problem. And, as of now, no solution was posted.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

Denimbear

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Denimbear

I've got a Motorola Xoom here, That I bought from the fine folks at Woot . I wonder if this would work with it ?? If so I may be in for 3 , one for the Xoom and a couple for back ups for the lappys and Desks etc .
Btw , bout a 1/3 if not more of my house anymore is Fine Woot Products , from the Fine Folks at Woot .

Never Take for Granted what God Has given you so Freely , for tomorrow it maybe gone

pena47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pena47

Will this work with a macbook pro? As far as I understand the macbook has a bluetooth receiver built in...

batya1029

quality posts: 1 Private Messages batya1029

Got this last time because my HP laptop has bluetooth...waste of money.

thatguychuck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thatguychuck

I picked up a few of these last time around, just because had been the cheapest bluetooth mouse I'd seen yet.

It would cut out on me, UNTIL I went into the device manager, checked my bluetooth, and disabled the "allow shutoff to save power" or something like that. Has worked great ever since.

Edit: Used on an HP laptop.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
JOATMON wrote:Really?

The picture here is of a mouse that was not reassembled correctly when the batteries were installed; the two buttons should be at the same height at rest, and the picture here clearly shows the right button higher than the left button.

I think it's just sneering at you.

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

Cheap is as Cheap Does.

$5 BlueTooth mouse and no dongle AND tons of poor reports of SMD (Sudden Mouse Death)

ehhh, DRRROOOOP
(or pass in this case)

cheers!

broonoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages broonoff

Stay away from this junk.

Read the last two pages from the previous Woot on Moto mouse -
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5142899

also the other flash-sale website had it yesterday for $4.99 shipped... not so good price here at Woot if you add $5 shipping.

jimsinkorea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimsinkorea

I would like this but have decided to stop buying from WOOT! I had purchased a Motorola keyboard a few weeks back but it never shipped. When I asked WOOT! about it they told me "sorry, we oversold the item" then the same day I read the email it was offered in a WOOT-off. WOOT, How can you be out of stock on an item but be offering it for sale on your site? I asked customer service how they could tell me it was sold out but offer it on a WOOT-off, no reply to my question. I passed up buying another keyboard at a cheap price and ended up getting no keyboard at all. Customer service is not WOOTs strong point I guess.

procop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages procop

I think WOOT really went down after being purchased by Amazon and their founder and CEO departure as a result of that.
Featuring a product with so many bad reviews and no customer support again...

Dwass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Dwass

Got one of these last time.

I'm surprised woot didn't fix the photos. FYI the buttons are flush with each other, the right mouse button is not raised (as it appears in the photo). The cover was not pressed down properly.

Build quality is great for the price.

Side note, to my dismay, I could not get it to pair with my HP Touchpad CM9, but was able to pair it to my OG Droid CM7. Strange.

[size=18][color=red]Я царь woot в России![/color][/size]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jimsinkorea wrote:I would like this but have decided to stop buying from WOOT! I had purchased a Motorola keyboard a few weeks back but it never shipped. When I asked WOOT! about it they told me "sorry, we oversold the item" then the same day I read the email it was offered in a WOOT-off. WOOT, How can you be out of stock on an item but be offering it for sale on your site? I asked customer service how they could tell me it was sold out but offer it on a WOOT-off, no reply to my question. I passed up buying another keyboard at a cheap price and ended up getting no keyboard at all. Customer service is not WOOTs strong point I guess.

My guess is that we did oversell and your order was canceled. Sorry for that.

We do an inventory update before a woot-off and may have a few in stock for that due to canceled orders or other reasons. However, we can't pull something out of a sale on a woot-off because the sales move quickly and we don't have time to adjust the inventory.

It's complicated and it does suck. We're continuing to improve and hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jmh9072

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmh9072
jimsinkorea wrote:I would like this but have decided to stop buying from WOOT! I had purchased a Motorola keyboard a few weeks back but it never shipped. When I asked WOOT! about it they told me "sorry, we oversold the item" then the same day I read the email it was offered in a WOOT-off. WOOT, How can you be out of stock on an item but be offering it for sale on your site? I asked customer service how they could tell me it was sold out but offer it on a WOOT-off, no reply to my question. I passed up buying another keyboard at a cheap price and ended up getting no keyboard at all. Customer service is not WOOTs strong point I guess.

If you're talking about the Motorola Keyboard with the built in touchpad, I think you lucked out by missing out on it. The keyboard was decent but the touchpad was pretty bad. Very slow and not very sensitive. Had to press down on it to get it to do anything, which doesn't work if it's not on a desk. I also had some trouble pairing it to new devices even if the previous one had been turned off (it should have become available again immediately but didn't).

I ended up selling it on eBay and losing around ~$10 on the whole ordeal. I think it was designed specifically to be used with Android devices, so maybe it works better with those. I was trying to use it with my PC.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
Denimbear wrote:I've got a Motorola Xoom here, That I bought from the fine folks at Woot . I wonder if this would work with it ?? If so I may be in for 3 , one for the Xoom and a couple for back ups for the lappys and Desks etc .
Btw , bout a 1/3 if not more of my house anymore is Fine Woot Products , from the Fine Folks at Woot .

I have the Xoom, and this, as well as the Motorola keyboard with trackpad. It does drop out, but it seems to be my tablet kicking it off, as it kicks off both the mouse and the keyboard at the same time. I will try the recommendation of changing Bluetooth powersave option, and I imagine that will do the trick.
It does work with the Xoom, however, there are some apps (including the Firefox browser that I have) that do not allow full functionality with the mouse/scroll wheel. It does work with the native web browser, and most apps.
If you've already bought something, and so have free shipping, I'd certainly give it a try.

pena47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pena47

Will this work with a Macbook Pro?? 'Tis important that I know,
For if it doesn't, it's all for show
and then I'll feel sad and low
so let me ask once more, real slow
Does. This. Work. With. A. Macbook Pro?

Meow meow. (edit: to clarify, that's catspeak for "my macbook pro has built-in bluetooth, so I would assume that it'll just connect to the mac, but I wanted to be sure meow."

dunderhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dunderhead

I bought 2 of these last time (one for a friend), and it works great with my Touchpad and Razr Maxx. I highly recommend this if you have smart phone that can utilize Webtop via HDMI; combine this with a keyboard, and you have a ultra portable "desktop."

regards,
dunderhead

alimoosavi15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alimoosavi15

I bought this yesterday from another website $5.00 and free shipping. woot charges $5 for shipping.

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321
procop wrote:I think WOOT really went down after being purchased by Amazon and their founder and CEO departure as a result of that.

Where did woot's founder go? Is he running another sale a day company?

HAMMER TIME!!!

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
Dwass wrote:Got one of these last time.

I'm surprised woot didn't fix the photos. FYI the buttons are flush with each other, the right mouse button is not raised (as it appears in the photo). The cover was not pressed down properly.

I still think it's sneering!

jfeise

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfeise

With Woot being part of Amazon, they now charge sales tax for orders from CA...
Dislike!
Anyway, I have heard that this mouse works fine with tablets. I intend to use is with my Nexus 7 (after paying $200 for the tablet, I need to save on accessories ;)

jbgroup1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jbgroup1
thaskaman wrote:Cheap is as Cheap Does.

$5 BlueTooth mouse and no dongle AND tons of poor reports of SMD (Sudden Mouse Death)

ehhh, DRRROOOOP
(or pass in this case)

cheers!

I had the same problems but after changing the batteries the problems stopped and it works excellently. I use it on an HP Touchpad with Android ICS.

Chi. Yes, I want you to do something for me. I want you to go in my room, look over my suits, in the ceiling, up on the ceiling you'll see a key stuck there. I want you to take it down and bring it to me. Meet me at the Total Experience in one halfa hour. Can you dig it?

contraium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contraium

Do these ship in retail packaging? Can't beat cheap office gifts.

bartsimpson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bartsimpson
contraium wrote:Do these ship in retail packaging?…

“contraium”,

I was in for 3 last time. None of the 3 was in retail packaging. They were all new, albeit each in plastic bubble wrap.

My educated guess is that all units are part of bulk order cases, and are being individually sold.

richg0404

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richg0404

does anyone know the model number of this ?

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
procop wrote:I think WOOT really went down after being purchased by Amazon and their founder and CEO departure as a result of that.

Wow,no one has ever said that before!!! Oh wait, I bet if you looked at product posts prior to Amazon " Featuring a product with so many bad reviews and no customer support again" has been said lots of times. Lets just move on.

acraigl

quality posts: 45 Private Messages acraigl

I have one, and it works equally well with my TouchPad running CM9 and my MacBook Pro (primary usage).

It's worth $10 for sure -- what I orignally paid for it as well -- and I picked up another one for $5.00 earlier this weekend from "that other site", also mentioned above.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf
richg0404 wrote:does anyone know the model number of this ?

Assuming its the same one from the previous sale, it says "SJYN0817A" on it.

I got this to use with my laptop (Asus Zenbook), and it worked perfectly first time. No problem with it losing the connection at all. It does go to sleep if you don't use it for one minute, but it wakes up if you jiggle it. The manual says it will disconnect after one hour of inactivity, but will reconnect if you press a button.
I'd buy more, but I bought an extra last time.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Another bought 2, 1 for a friend, they work as expected. Will be pointing this out to #1 daughter later this morning. If she's nice to daddy he *may* use his cockatrice on it.

contraium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages contraium
bartsimpson wrote:“contraium”,

I was in for 3 last time. None of the 3 was in retail packaging. They were all new, albeit each in plastic bubble wrap.

My educated guess is that all units are part of bulk order cases, and are being individually sold.

Thanks, I'm in 4 3, I can always gussie up a box to put them in.

mlm68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlm68

Got one of these on Woot last time it was offered. I have a Moto Droid Bionic with the Motorola Lapdock, but I hate the laptdock's trackpad. Paired right up, works beautifully. I find it very comfortable to use, definitely better than my "travel" USB mouse. Battery life seems good, but you have to remember to turn it off when not in use. It's easy to forget since there is no visual indication to remind you.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

I bought one last time around to pair with my HP TouchSmart. Not only does it work great, there is no interference with the Bluetooth Apple keyboard that I use on the same computer.
As far as people whining about unresponsiveness - you just have to wiggle the mouse to "wake it up" which it does after being inactive for an extended period of time. It's a battery saving function. Once it's awake it's faster than my previous corded mouse!

mightydeku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightydeku

Not a great mouse but good enough for the price. The cursor does not move as smooth as other mice I've owned. Yes people, this works on Mac OS/Windows/Linux (only tried on Ubuntu)/Android/iOS (Jailbreak and install BTstack) machines with Bluetooth. (NO, WIFI IS NOT BLUETOOTH FOR THOSE WHO SAY, "I HAVE WIRELESS AND IT DOESN'T WORK)

mightydeku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightydeku

Yes.

pena47 wrote:Will this work with a Macbook Pro?? 'Tis important that I know,
For if it doesn't, it's all for show
and then I'll feel sad and low
so let me ask once more, real slow
Does. This. Work. With. A. Macbook Pro?

Meow meow. (edit: to clarify, that's catspeak for "my macbook pro has built-in bluetooth, so I would assume that it'll just connect to the mac, but I wanted to be sure meow."

lemminginstinct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lemminginstinct

I bought two of these last time around: one for an older MacBook and one for a MacBrook Pro. They paired easily and work great. For the price, I highly recommend then as a quick mouse option. I haven't experienced any of the above shutoff problems on my Mac. You can't beat $5!

frank3r

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frank3r

Got this for $9 shipped a month ago. I use it with my Nexus 7 when I feel like word processing on my tablet and want a little finer control.

So far it works, but on such a small screen I find it usually isn't worth the time to turn bluetooth, find the mouse, and turn the mouse on.

Still, I'm glad I have options.

mortram

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mortram

Got one of these the last go-round on Woot. Received DOA. It would pair and then the mouse would shut off. Did a little searching to see how to get it serviced/replaced by Motorola but ultimately just chucked it in the trash.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

mortram wrote:Got one of these the last go-round on Woot. Received DOA. It would pair and then the mouse would shut off. Did a little searching to see how to get it serviced/replaced by Motorola but ultimately just chucked it in the trash.

Had you written into Woot at service@woot.com? or have you tried to contact Motorola?