0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Let's head over to the maximo website for more pictures and information.

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's an iPhone Freak review, and a C|net review of the iM-590.

jstephan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstephan

http://www.amazon.com/MAXIMO-iP-595-Enhanced-Definition-Earphones/product-reviews/B0043EV0RG

Seems, not thats great quality and not good for long period?

noisygecko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noisygecko

Are these as good as the Maximo iM-490 models? I liked those -- they sounded good, and fit me pretty well. I bought a couple of pairs of those and the wires quit working on both of them eventually. This was the woot listing: http://www.woot.com/offers/maximo-im-490-imetal-isolation-stereo-earphones-dec-05

I guess I'll probably buy these since I liked the other model and I am not even sure it is still made.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Will these work with non-Metal music ?

bsitmaom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bsitmaom

This is a great deal for great sounding ear phones. Maximo backs up their product for a year, so make sure to save the packaging and documentation. They replaced a pair of mine after 9 months of hard use. The pair they replaced lasted for over a year. Also, you have to burn these in for 8 hours or so to get them sounding optimal. These can compete easily with earphones twice the retail cost.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

Pretty good sound for the price. Warm and full-bodied sound, with the emphasis on bass. As a result, highs are bit muddled but not too bad.

cleothemuse

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleothemuse

I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but... "In for one."

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

I got a pair of these a couple years ago from Woot (a previous version) and they sound good but the area near the plug was flimsy and after a while I had a channel go out on me. I strictly used them at home with an iPod Touch, not at the gym or for commuting. Granted the iPod Touch's headphone port is in a poor area, on the bottom, so headphone cables tend to get jostled more by your wrist when holding it in portrait mode.

Maximo's customer service was great and they sent a replacement out..but that one also eventually crapped out, as did the replacement for that one. I just gave up after that.

I do see that on this model that the jack is at an angle, which the one I had wasn't. It should probably be a full 90 degree angle, but it's a start maybe.

hclpfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hclpfan

Anyone know if the call/volume controls work with a non-iPhone? Specifically interested in Windows Phone 7 (Lumia 900).

jeaton84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeaton84

I bought a pair of the iM-490's 3.5 yrs ago on woot and they are still going strong. These seal out ambient noise very well. I use them on overseas flights and they do a great job of sealing out aircraft noise. I prefer them to some of the large over ear noise cancelling headphones. The sound quality is excellent and I did not notice a big difference after the burn in. I'm in for another pair as a backup.

DrWu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DrWu

Can't go wrong at this price, I'm sure they'll sound better than other earphones in this price range. In for one.

mvanco

quality posts: 7 Private Messages mvanco

I own several pairs of Maximo earphones. The greatest thing about them is the Lifetime Warranty. I have had mine replaced several times due to shorts in the wiring. I will admit probably my fault since I store them balled up in a pocket or drawer. The replacement process is easy and done via email completely after the first set.
Just make sure to get more than one pair so you have a good set while the other is in transit.

• Woot.com~ 24x "wooted" 5x Big ol' Candy
  • Shirt.woot~ 30 shirts, 3 Hoodies
  • Kids.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Sellout.woot~ Nothing Yet
  • Wine.woot~ Won't Deliver to my state =(

gramasheemie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gramasheemie
bsitmaom wrote:This is a great deal for great sounding ear phones. Maximo backs up their product for a year, so make sure to save the packaging and documentation. They replaced a pair of mine after 9 months of hard use. The pair they replaced lasted for over a year. Also, you have to burn these in for 8 hours or so to get them sounding optimal. These can compete easily with earphones twice the retail cost.

I bought a pair of Maximo IM490 earbuds from woot a couple of years ago. They lasted a very long time, but I'm rough on them. Maximo replaced them twice(quickly)for me. The sound is amazing, and the design is a little different than these, but comfortable enough to sleep with (I have a snorer). Love them.

84Olds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 84Olds

I also bought M-490s some time ago and have gotten several times my money's worth. I use IEMs while mowing as they keep the noise down. I have invested heavily in my headphone hobby with a USB DAC, headphone amps, several over ear models, etc. The 490s hold their own and I'm still glad to have them. Mostly I wanted to alert anyone interested what an improvement I saw when I tweaked the 490s with some Comply replacement foam ear tips. The ambient noise is further reduced, better comfort, and much better fit. Link: http://www.complyfoam.com/

SayVyas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SayVyas

Seconding the love for these headphones. I have been buying maximo every time I see them on woot. Finding them at this price elsewhere is rare. They have excellent sound for the price and fit very comfortably. Maximo M-490 and HS-2 have both worked well for me. I personally haven't tried this model yet.

I'm rough with my headphones, and maximo tend to last me ~1 year before I lose sound in 1 headphone.

yokozunoart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yokozunoart

45 degree angle?
I guess they are measuring 45degrees from 180degrees, or as most would call it, 135 degrees.

Nileo2005

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nileo2005

Do these work with android? I know there are a couple apps to catch iPhone control signals from the headphones and interpret them to work in the Android OS, but I'm not 100% on these. Any experience?

psac42

quality posts: 6 Private Messages psac42

In for three. Also love the past iMetal headphones I've gotten on Woot. I've been waiting for some iMetals to come back here FOREVER and finally broke down and bought the Jlabs J3's on woot a few weeks ago and now kicking myself because those will never get used.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
yokozunoart wrote:45 degree angle?
I guess they are measuring 45degrees from 180degrees, or as most would call it, 135 degrees.

I wasn't told there was going to be math today.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sagce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sagce

Bluetooth people! Unless you don't have Bluetooth on how you hear your music, why deal with cords? An active life style does not needs cords in the way. Waiting for the Bluetooth speakers on Woot. Come on!

pjladyfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjladyfox

Figures the one thing I've been keeping an eye out for sells out in minutes. Back to waiting. -_-

rjsmith2007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsmith2007
mvanco wrote:I own several pairs of Maximo earphones. The greatest thing about them is the Lifetime Warranty. I have had mine replaced several times due to shorts in the wiring. I will admit probably my fault since I store them balled up in a pocket or drawer. The replacement process is easy and done via email completely after the first set.
Just make sure to get more than one pair so you have a good set while the other is in transit.

Upvotes for you! I totally agree. I had no problems getting replacement for mine. I still use them. Bought them back in 2007.

ericslaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ericslaw

I just received my iMetal earphones and have started the 24hr burn-in period.

They fit well but dont sound as loud as the iMetal390s I have, especially with the volume on my laptop maxxed out.

Pressing the remote center button, however, makes them much louder.

The upper button and center button have a solid click feel to them (though clearly rubber-ish).
The bottom button has no feel of being pressed at all and I wonder if that is causing the strange weakness in volume, or if this is normal for iMetal 595's?

--edit--

Burned in, and volume is way low.
Pressing the center button makes it sound as I expected. I plugged it into my iPhone and it behaves normally.

Turned out the input jack was pushed in too-far on the laptop.