hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

Aw, Ed...thanks for sharing the pics! Just beautiful!!!

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady
edlada wrote:I am in the US. My daughter got married last Saturday. She is an intelligent, beautiful young lady, I'm proud of her. Wedding was great, I cried a lot.

You're right, she is beautiful. And looks like you had a great day for it.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Oh crap!

Last night I said I was going to post something to fb and forgot.

Yesterday was 3 months from our next Piercefest/Judypalooza! 11th annual!
6ish hours of food and music on our patio!

The last two there have been well over 100 people. We're sure there going to be more this year. We know many more people now due to the bakery.

So...if anyone is in the Akron,Oh area on Aug. 26, save the date.
We'd love to see you.

marlenestclair

quality posts: 12 Private Messages marlenestclair

Ed, the pictures you posted were so lovely! She is beautiful, thanks for sharing! Nice head shot of you hehe.

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

moles1138 wrote:Oh crap!

Last night I said I was going to post something to fb and forgot.

Yesterday was 3 months from our next Piercefest/Judypalooza! 11th annual!
6ish hours of food and music on our patio!

The last two there have been well over 100 people. We're sure there going to be more this year. We know many more people now due to the bakery.

So...if anyone is in the Akron,Oh area on Aug. 26, save the date.
We'd love to see you.

Ok I scrolled too fast and all I saw was piercefest and thought, wow I didn't know Moles did piercings...and where would I get one?
I need a cup of coffee.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

quality posts: 37 Private Messages mbspell
marlenestclair wrote:Ok I scrolled too fast and all I saw was piercefest and thought, wow I didn't know Moles did piercings...and where would I get one?
I need a cup of coffee.

LOL!!

no piercings or tattoos, thank you

heck I only have 1 ear pierced as it is!

pooflady

mbspell wrote:LOL!!

One more than me.

moles1138

marlenestclair wrote:Ok I scrolled too fast and all I saw was piercefest and thought, wow I didn't know Moles did piercings...and where would I get one?
I need a cup of coffee.

I should've specified that my last name is Pierce. Although piercings could be arranged.

moles1138

None of the above

pooflady

It's an absolutely gorgeous day. Went to our five-minute parade and then out to breakfast with one of the kids and his family. Ate outside and it was lovely. Nothing scheduled for the rest of the day except to listen to husband Sour Patch about the moles and tell me every time a new hump pops up and why he didn't manage to get that one. Also to listen to "We've got moles where we've never had moles before." No. We've lived here 45 years and there isn't a spot that we haven't had moles at one time or another. Especially bad this year because part of a locust brood has come in early.

marlenestclair

moles1138 wrote:I should've specified that my last name is Pierce. Although piercings could be arranged.

Well I know how to pierce ears using the gun method, I've done a bunch where I worked. I only have my ears pierced and that is enough to keep up with lol!

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

Speaking of tattoos, I watched a show about a woman having a baby the other day, she was covered in tats (not that there is anything wrong with that) but she was afraid of the needles she was about to get at the hospital?!?!?!
No tattoos for me, I have enough skin problems.

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

Speaking further of tattoos, I read a deposition a few weeks ago where a woman had had eyeliner tattooed on and, although this shouldn't be done anymore, there was metal in the tattoo ink. She was sent for an MRI for an unrelated problem and has discovered she can never have an MRI because of that.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Speaking further of tattoos, I read a deposition a few weeks ago where a woman had had eyeliner tattooed on and, although this shouldn't be done anymore, there was metal in the tattoo ink. She was sent for an MRI for an unrelated problem and has discovered she can never have an MRI because of that.

did her eyelids explode?

pooflady

no1 wrote:did her eyelids explode?

Got hot and were burning. They refused to continue. She then went to Cleveland Clinic and they wouldn't do one. Nor would Ohio State.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Got hot and were burning. They refused to continue. She then went to Cleveland Clinic and they wouldn't do one. Nor would Ohio State.

can you tell us who sued whom? sounds like nobody was seriously hurt ... no harm no foul?

pooflady

no1 wrote:can you tell us who sued whom? sounds like nobody was seriously hurt ... no harm no foul?

I'm trying to remember. I know she was suing the technician and who she worked for. Not sure if there was a doctor involved or the ink company. But there is harm. She can never have an MRI. And that's the best diagnostic tool for whatever she has wrong with her currently. And obviously other things could go wrong in the future that an MRI would be the best way to go. I'm pretty sure tattoo ink with metal in it had been done away with before hers was done.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I'm trying to remember. I know she was suing the technician and who she worked for. Not sure if there was a doctor involved or the ink company. But there is harm. She can never have an MRI. And that's the best diagnostic tool for whatever she has wrong with her currently. And obviously other things could go wrong in the future that an MRI would be the best way to go. I'm pretty sure tattoo ink with metal in it had been done away with before hers was done.

To be honest, she probably had it done at a nail salon-type set up. They aren't legal here in VA. The gal who used to do my nails was Vietnamese, and I know they had a lot of friends who had shops up in the DC area who did eyeliner, eyebrows and lip color. They didn't call them tattoos, it was called permanent makeup I think. I know in some states you can get this done reliably, but it sounds like she may have gone the cheap way??

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:To be honest, she probably had it done at a nail salon-type set up. They aren't legal here in VA. The gal who used to do my nails was Vietnamese, and I know they had a lot of friends who had shops up in the DC area who did eyeliner, eyebrows and lip color. They didn't call them tattoos, it was called permanent makeup I think. I know in some states you can get this done reliably, but it sounds like she may have gone the cheap way??

I have no idea. I don't think that was ever brought up.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:I have no idea. I don't think that was ever brought up.

Either way, the thought of needles poking me around my eye several hundred times just freaks me out. I'm not even afraid of needles eek.

x10

This space for rent.

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Speaking of tattoos, I watched a show about a woman having a baby the other day, she was covered in tats (not that there is anything wrong with that) but she was afraid of the needles she was about to get at the hospital?!?!?!
No tattoos for me, I have enough skin problems.

my sister used to freak out about needles and shots as a kid and she has a couple tattoos. go figure!

mbspell

marlenestclair wrote:Either way, the thought of needles poking me around my eye several hundred times just freaks me out. I'm not even afraid of needles eek.

yes, that sounds dangerous and painful.

plus, who wants to have the same makeup everyday? I don't understand how that ever caught on.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
mbspell wrote:yes, that sounds dangerous and painful.

plus, who wants to have the same makeup everyday? I don't understand how that ever caught on.

I've debated doing it, but I'd have to really really trust my tattooist. I hate doing eye makeup and sometimes it really doesn't look complete without it - but I never do it so I look like a tweenager with mommy's make-up kit. I'd do the minimal if I did it, then I could always add to the effect.

2 piercings and 1 tattoo, although I'd love to get another this summer when we pierce ver1 and ver2's ears (we'll have it done with a needle, teenager with a gun is really a bad way to do it).

Ed - love the photos!

Trying to write a grant, supposed to have help from the Development Director, but I sent her a question to write a paragraph for and she punted it back to me, so I guess I'm in this on my own. Too bad it's a significant chunk of my budget or I'd tell her to stuff it.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Had the car washed this morning. Within the car wash is a creamy whip (which just seems odd), where I had a butter pecan creamy whip (also seemed odd since I didn't know they could come in anything but vanilla, chocolate, and orange.) Wasn't that great, though.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Had the car washed this morning. Within the car wash is a creamy whip (which just seems odd), where I had a butter pecan creamy whip (also seemed odd since I didn't know they could come in anything but vanilla, chocolate, and orange.) Wasn't that great, though.

What is a creamy whip? Sounds yummy!

x10

This space for rent.

hot72chev

marlenestclair wrote:What is a creamy whip? Sounds yummy!

I thought she was talking about the cherry scented foamy paint protectant that is the third or fourth round of the automatic car wash. You know what I'm talking about?

x9

pooflady

marlenestclair wrote:What is a creamy whip? Sounds yummy!

Like Dairy Queen.

mbspell

had a fun morning pokemoning with middle son. bribed him with food to help me knock down some red gyms.

now going to get in a beach walk before the rain hits. cleaning off a couple tables this am and came across some old Basket of Chocolate loot. that stuff gets everywhere!

pooflady

Did I miss something? Didn't there used to be Ebates here?

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:I thought she was talking about the cherry scented foamy paint protectant that is the third or fourth round of the automatic car wash. You know what I'm talking about?

Well at first I did too, and thought it came in different scents...but read it again....

x10

This space for rent.

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Like Dairy Queen.

After I realized it wasn't the scent of your car wash foam, I thought it was a dessert made with ice cream and whip cream heh heh...

x10

This space for rent.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Did I miss something? Didn't there used to be Ebates here?

I know Mr. Rebates works with Woot now, but I never check Ebates anymore. I hate it when they drop the stores I shop at.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:I know Mr. Rebates works with Woot now, but I never check Ebates anymore. I hate it when they drop the stores I shop at.

I agree, but they're still at a bunch of the ones I use. I got 7% back the other day.

And what or who is Mr. Rebates?

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:I agree, but they're still at a bunch of the ones I use. I got 7% back the other day.

And what or who is Mr. Rebates?

Same as Ebates, pretty much. Click through the site to where you want to shop, accumulate rebates, get a check.

mrrebates.com

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Same as Ebates, pretty much. Click through the site to where you want to shop, accumulate rebates, get a check.

mrrebates.com

Ah, thank you.

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:Same as Ebates, pretty much. Click through the site to where you want to shop, accumulate rebates, get a check.

mrrebates.com

PM

x10

This space for rent.

hot72chev

marlenestclair wrote:PM

Answered!

x9

marlenestclair

hot72chev wrote:Answered!

Thanks!!!

x10

This space for rent.

pooflady

Going to PA for nephew's graduation Wed., so made cookies (lots of cookies) with two grandaughters yesterday who are also going. There will be nine of us in the house for five days. Made tuna noodle casserole for dinner with them because their mom doesn't like it, so doesn't make it (I totally agree with that). It wasn't very good. How do you mess up tuna noodle casserole?

marlenestclair

pooflady wrote:Going to PA for nephew's graduation Wed., so made cookies (lots of cookies) with two grandaughters yesterday who are also going. There will be nine of us in the house for five days. Made tuna noodle casserole for dinner with them because their mom doesn't like it, so doesn't make it (I totally agree with that). It wasn't very good. How do you mess up tuna noodle casserole?

I am not sure how you would mess it up because I don't like it either. However, I do like a tuna melt sandwich.....

x10

This space for rent.